1 | Sofia with an 'F'

Chapter 01: Sofia with an 'F'

Summer. You'd think it's the time of the year you rest and have fun. Well not for me. And technically it's not summer yet. There's still about two weeks left of school not that I care anyways. I just thought that after everything, I'd have some time off but 'no rest for the wicked' right? My duffel bag in hand, I knock on the door a couple of times until someone opens it. Amanda. I'm guessing.

"Sofia?" she asks.

"With an 'F'." I say. People tend to confuse Sofia and Sophia.

"Come in, come in." she says smiling and walks me inside. She shows me to 'my new room' where she leaves me. I put my board on the floor by the door, and I sit on the bed and look around, this room needs some make over. The pink walls certainly don't do. I stand up and walk downstairs. 

I try to find Amanda but she's nowhere to be found. So I just start walking outside in the backyard, admiring their rich people backyard. I look at the pool, it kinda makes me wanna jump inside. 

I continue walking while looking around me when I bump into someone.

"Sorry." he says and I look up to find some blondish brownish, green hazel eyes boy standing in front of me. 

"Yeah." I say and just as I'm walking away Daniel says, "Sofia!" 

I look up to find him smiling, just as he's about to take me in his arms I take a step back not wanting a hug. First of all, I'm not a hug person. Second of all, I'm not living here out of the goodness of my heart.

Okay I listened to No rest for the wicked by Cage the Elephant a little too much on the way. 

He chuckles awkwardly and says, "Well Sofia I see you've met Robby." 

"Yeah. Robby." I say bitterly. Who is he another son I didn't know about. All I knew was about Sam and Anthony. No Robby.

"I'm teaching Robby here, a little karate." Daniel explains.

"How fantastic." I say, sarcasm clear in my voice and face.

"Why don't you join us hmm? I'm sure you'd love karate."

I take a second to think. To think about how i'm going to shape what I want to say. "It's a little too late, now don't you think?" I say putting my hands behind my back.

"W-what?" he asks confused.

"To act like you care. It's a little too late. You can drop the act." I say and turn around walking away.

I hear him sigh, but I couldn't care less. 

+

I skipped dinner last night, and I'm starving. So this morning I'm having at least some bread for breakfast. I get downstairs after changing into some black shorts and a black shirt. I'm going to buy some paint today. While Sam and Anthony will be in school, I'll be painting my room.

The only good thing, that I protested about, is that I don't have to go to school until the end of the summer. Since I promised I wouldn't make a scene about moving to the LaRusso's only if they let me off school for these 2 weeks.

I sit by the table and soon Amanda and Daniel soon join me as I eat my bowl of soggy cereals. Soggy cereals are delicious. 

"I thought maybe you could come to the Dealership today." Daniel says.

"I'll pass." I say annoyed.

"Well, I'm pretty sure you wanna change the color of the walls in your room and buy a few things too, so why don't you come to the Dealership and then I can drive you to the mall?" Amanda says.