7 | best friend advice

chapter 7 : best friend advice

This morning i decide to go see Miguel and of course i have to wear the wardrobe clothes, so i grab a pair of white jeans and a yellow shirt that has a little smiley face on the top right corner. I put on my black converse and then i go downstairs leaving my hair down like yesterday. 

I get downstairs really fast before anyone can stop me and then i grab my board from the floor and ride it all the way to Miguel's. it's currently 9AM, he better be awake. 

I arrive by his house and ring the door bell his mom opens and smiles at me, "Sofia? long time we didn't see you." she said.

"Yeah, sorry about that." i tell her.

"Don't worry about it. Come in. Miguel is in his room." she tells me in a whisper, i guess sleepyhead decided to sleep in today. I knock on his door once but no reply. I knock a second time. no reply. Third time. No reply. instead of knocking a fourth time i decide to just barge in there. i open the door and scream, "MIGGIE MIGGIE MIGGIE!" 

he jumps out of bed and then when he sees it's me he sits back in the bed and rubs his eyes, "What the hell Sof?" he asks tired.

"I need a friend's help. So get up get change and we're going outside." i say throwing at him a pair of blue jeans and an orange shirt. he catches them and i leave his room closing the door. 

He comes out 10 minutes later and i stand up. We walk outside and he says, "So?" 

"so what?" i ask him, i know what he's talking about but i suddenly don't want to talk about it. 

"Why on earth would you just wake me up like this? I'm pretty sure it's not to show me some of your skateboard tricks." he says with a sarcastic smile.

I sigh, "H-how did you know that you liked Sam?" 

"What do mean?" he asks giving me his confused look, the one where his lips form a straight line and his eyebrows almost come together.

"As in, how did you know you wanted to be with her, and like make it public, you know?" i don't even know if i'm making any sense.

"So, if i'm getting this right. You want me to tell you how i knew i wanted to be with Sam?" he asks.

"Yes. Basically." 

"Well. All I knew was that you know i wanted people to know that she's dating me, that she isn't single.. get it?" 

"So you didn't want anyone else to be with her, but you?" that explains a lot. like why i felt slightly angry when Robby and Sam almost kissed.

"Is it about Robby?" he finally says.

"What? No. H-how did y-you know?" i ask him. 

"Well i'm not your best friend for no reason." he says and i have to agree with him.

"So you like him?" he asks me.

"The thing is we kissed a couple of times. but you know i didn't want to commit. but now i guess i do." i say still unsure. I really thought Miguel would help me figure this out.

"Well if you're unsure it means you aren't sure of what you're feeling, or whether or not you want to be with him." he says.

"Yeah, thanks. I know the meaning of unsure." i say rolling my eyes and he laughs.

"I guess what i'm tryna say here, is if you don't know then just don't really do anything, just wait for it to happen ... i guess." he says now he's the one unsure.

"You're of a great help Miggie." i say sarcastically.

"well, if you ever need help. you know who to call. not wake up. but call." he says and i burst out laughing.