VIII.

Two days after their last call, Lisa decided to show her face to Jisoo. It was a Saturday and Minnie volunteered to oversee the other paperworks for the upcoming opening of the restaurant, which is still actually few more months.

Going out of the apartment after lunch, Sorn noticed that she was preparing to go out.

"Going somewhere, Lis? I thought you'd rest for the whole day."

"Hmmm I'm going to pay Jisoo a visit at the hospital.", Lisa shyly states, picking up her rubber shoes to wear them.

Sorn, who was watching Netflix, whipped her head towards Lisa and exclaims, "Fucking finally bitch!! Thank God after several days you have finally mustered the Manoban courage!"

"You're silly Sorn. If only you shut your mouth and did not tell her I'm here then I could've set a date later than today."

"Naahh it was bound to happen. She was bound to know.", Sorn turns back her head towards the TV without giving much care about what Lisa just said. "And besides, if you really don't want to go then you won't. Just admit it Lisa, you've been wanting to see her since the first day. You just prioritized the work because you're still scared of Uncle Marco."

Lisa scoffed behind Sorn.

"Whatever smartass! I'm going! Give me a call if ever something comes up."

"Don't worry I won't call you. Focus on your date.", Sorn smiles teasingly. "Oh wait! What will you bring her?"

Lisa stops in front of the door.

"What do you mean?"

"Dumbass!! Seriously? Not even cake or flowers or chocolates??"

"Is that necessary? I'm not courting her. I'll just visit her."

"Just bring something for her man! It's the most proper thing to do!"

Lisa just shook her head and head out.

She had no intention of bringing something for Jisoo, specially not flowers since she wants to keep it cool and lowkey.

===========

In the cab going to the hospital, Lisa snickers to herself. Looking to her side, she keeps biting her nails.

"Out of all the things you could've gotten her, a bouquet of flowers? Really, Lisa??!! What happened to keeping it cool and comfortable??! Coffee and a cake would be nice!", her mind keeps teasing her.

The moment she got out of the apartment a while ago, the flower shop almost across the street was so inviting with the different kinds of flowers. She decided to look...just look.

But then ended up buying a bouquet of roses of different colors, perfectly arranged.

All along, she was biting down her lips because she couldn't help but smile at how silly, nervous and excited she was to see the lady doctor.

The problem now though is that she can't get hold of Jisoo. She has been messaging her, asking if she is at the hospital. Until now, she got no respond. But she still risked going there, thinking that Jisoo might just be in the middle of something, a surgery or a lecture perhaps. If she's out then she'll just go back another day.

The cab halts in front of a huge building with written in bold and glittering name "Seoul Medical Hospital". She looked at the cab meter and paid, saying thank you to the driver.

She picked up her things, the flowers and went ahead to the main entrance. Although in casual clothes, some people still turn their heads towards Lisa.