XXII.

Jisoo is intently looking at Lisa while the latter is still intently looking at Somi, and Somi staring right back at her. Less than a second, Lisa fixed her gaze to Jisoo. It was an empty gaze and it made Jisoo even more scared.

"Oh I'm glad you two know each other. Now, kids, go take your seats first and eat. You can catch up while eating.", Jisoo's father who is apparently oblivious of his surroundings, uttered and broke off the spell. Jisoo was glad he did, though.

On instinct, she let go of Somi's hand to grab Lisa's. Unconsciously, she intertwined their hands, as if parading it to whoever is looking, and pulled her on the other side of the table, across where Somi sits. It didn't escape Jisoo's attention that Somi really looked at their hands.

The once happy ambiance brought about by Somi's visit, turned into an awkward one, at least between the three who had known of the real score.

Somi was the first one to break off from the awkwardness of it all.

"So uncle, auntie, how have you been? I haven't seen you for such a long time.", Somi cheerfully asked.

Jisoo prepared Lisa's plate. The latter hasn't talked yet and Jisoo is becoming worried for her, and yes for hers too. Jisoo held and squeezed Lisa's hand, forcing the latter to look at her. Her eyes pleaded for Lisa to calm down, snap out of her fears or whatever that is bothering her for now and eat. Lisa understood and slowly calmed herself. She brought back herself to the reality and the fact that not all people around the table knows about what has happened. She didn't want to create a scene, so no matter how hard it is for her to breathe with ease, she held on. For her sake and for Jisoo's, she'll calm down as if nothing is tp be concerned of. As if her painful past did not just reappear and slap her in the face.

Lisa and Jisoo ate in silence. The latter had tried her best to be involved in the conversations. Chaeyoung and Jennie felt the change but did not say anything. After this dinner, it would be a miracle if the two did bombard her with questions.

"So, Somi will you be staying here for several days?", Jisoo asks, trying to be the bestfriend she should be.

"I was hoping I could since I really planned to be  here and have some vacation. That is if you don't mind since you have guests too.", the blonde visitor answers.

"Of course it would be fine, Somi! You are always welcome here!", Jisoo truthfully answers too.

"Thank you Chu! We'll have so much to catch up to!", excitedly said.

All the while Lisa was just silent, smiling from time to time so she won't embarrass herself. In her mind, she still can't believe that she had met Somi, face to face, once again. Truly, an extremely absurd turn of events.

She was so ready to let her past go. She had closed that chapter in her life where she loved, made a huge mistake and tremendously got hurt. She was ready to move forward and she finally had found a reason to do that. And yet, here it is again, seemingly pulling her back.

A squeeze in her thigh broke her thoughts. To her side, she saw Jisoo with worried eyes. She forced a smile when Jisoo asked her if she's alright. But then, the worry did not vanish at all.

"If you don't mind me asking Soo. Are you and Lisa together?"

Lisa was startled at the question. For some reason, if such question was thrown at her by the same person, she sure couldn't answer it, not now that her brain seems to have malfunctioned.

"Ahmmm..hmmm yeah we are. Lisa is and I are together. She's my girlfriend.", Jisoo answered with a smile.

Lisa was wide-eyes. Why wouldn't she? Jisoo jut subtly and unexpectedly made their relationship official. She was supposed to be happy, but she felt puzzled and obviously surprised.