XXIII.

"Pabo!!! Of course you're being dumb right now! How could you say it was unnecessary for you to tell Jisoo that you're friends again with you ex?? Your ex Lisa!!", Irene exclaims.

"Isn't it a good thing that I made up with my past? I mean we're friends and I no longer resent my ex for what she did."

"Well that's good for you but you should have told Jisoo about it and not surprising her that way! And did you even consider Jisoo's feelings regarding you being friends with your ex, who happened to be her bestfriend?!"

"Jisoo would understand. I thought that she would and she would be happy."

"Oh knowing Jisoo she really would. But the fact that you've hidden it from her makes her doubtful about you. Honesty is one important thing for Jisoo and to you too. You should know that by now. If I were Jisoo I'd scold you too. It's like you don't want to tell Jisoo about the things that's happening to you and Somi because you're hiding something from her."

Lisa did not answer. Her eyes are focused on her drinks.

"Oh wait. There is something that you're not telling Jisoo, that you want to keep it a secret.", Irene suspects. "Don't tell me..you and Somi.."

"Hey hey no!! Somi and I are really just friends. I promise you."

Irene eyes her doubtingly.

"I swear!!", Lisa exclaims. "But yeah, there is something that I did not tell Jisoo. And I'm actually confused about it."

"Tell me. What is it that troubles you?"

"The night that Somi and I talked in Jeju, she...she told me that..she wants me back."

"What the fuck?! Pabo!! You're so stupid!", Irene exclaims once again.

"Tone down your voice will you? And please can you let me finish?"

"Go ahead, speak!", Irene glares at the younger and Lisa just snickered at her.

"She told me she wants me back. That was her plan before she knew that Jisoo and I are dating. It's like she's saying that she wants me back but she'll not do it because she doesn't want to hurt Jisoo."

"And what did you tell her?"

"I told her I can't hurt Jisoo too. I love her, for crying out loud!"

"Well then how on earth did you end up being friends with her again?"

Lisa sighs then drinks her martini.

"I offered her friendship."

Irene scoffed. She stared at Lisa, thinking of what better words she could say.

"But why? Why offer her friendship when you knew all along she still feels for you?"

"I..I honestly don't know.", Lisa sighs, brushing her face with her hands. "I felt like I want to have her in my life again. I mean not the relationship. I mean it when I said I love Jisoo.", the younger immediately added when she saw Irene's hand ready to smack her head.

"I don't understand you at all Lisa."

"Okay it's like this. Before we dated, Somi and I became close friends. In a short span of time that she was in Thailand we really became good friends. We shared secrets, had fun doing everything we love to do, had sensible and nonsense talks. When we broke off, more than the romantic relationship that was lost, I was also regretful and somewhat missing the friendship we had. And when I saw her again, I took the opportunity to be friends with her again. It was kind of healing and I was happy doing that.", Lisa explains sincerely.