XI.

Lisa woke up without Jisoo by her side. She found a note in the bedside table which reads:

"Lali, I'm sorry if I left early without waking you up. You were heavily sleeping and I didn't have the heart to wake you up. Hospital called and I was needed immediately. Just reheat the pizza in the ref and the tea in the cupboard. You can stay in there for as long as you want. Message me for whatever.

Ji🤍

She smiles widely and grabs unto Jisoo's pillow to hug it tighter. She then decides to send the girl a quick message.

"Hey I got your note. Sorry wasn't able to prepare something for breakfast so you could've eaten before you left."

Then, a response was received after few seconds.

"Not a problem. So sweet of you though. Feel free to do anything in the house. Got to go. Supervising an operation."

"Take care and eat your meals on time.", Lisa types but then pauses before adding. "I miss you."

JISOO

Automatically and unknowingly, I smile seeing the "I miss you.". Undeniably, I enjoy Lisa's company. It's nice to have her as a friend.

Much as I want to tell her I miss her too, the nurses have called my attention once again. So I had to make a run.

As I sit among the supervising doctors, I happen to sit beside Irene. I bowed to her and she did the same. Minutes in our seats and I was suprised when Irene leaned towards me to whisperingly ask.

"So, you and Lisa?"

I quirk my eyebrow in confusion. It's not everyday that Irene takes interest in my existence except when she heard the news that Seulgi and I broke up and we met in the corridors of the hospital, she tapping my shoulder and said, "I heard the news. Are you okay?", to which I just nodded and smiled. And then it wasn't even a month when Irene was announced to be engaged with Seulgi. From then on, I slightly resented her. I felt like I was played or was no longer sure when she is being sincere.

But then, I answered.

"We're friends.", I simply said.

I just didn't like the way her face brightened and her eyes seemed to be much happier.

Just then, I thought of sending message to Lisa.

"Hey, still in the house?"

"Yeah, but just finished showering. Sorry, used some of your things."

I smiled.

"No problem. Use whatever you need. You going to the restaurant?"

"Yeah. We have to meet suppliers and talk about the rest of the interiors so I had to leave too. Where should I put the key?"

I thought of something silly to answer.

"You can have the spare key. So you can come by the house anytime you feel visiting or when Minnie and Sorn had decided to kick you out for being workaholic. 🤭"

Yes, it was silly of me to say that. But, I trust Lisa that much. She hasn't given any sign that she might be a murderer anyway.

"Is that even the real reason?", another side of my brain mockingly asks me, which I immediately set aside.

"You sure about that? You're so trusting, Ji. I might haul your entire house and sell it, you'll be left with nothing but tears."

Jisoo smiles.