56. The Less I Know The Better

"Christian."

  "Don't look to pleased to see me," he chuckled mockingly. My throat had run dry. I felt sick. A cold sweat broke over my skin. I could hear my heartbeat and I was sure he could too. This can't be happening.

  He looked exactly the same. His blonde hair in soft waves and those sickly green eyes baring into my skin like hot irons. As if it was on sight, my body began to deteriorate, remembering everything he did to me, the way I felt when I was with him and all the things he'd said to me on that last phone call. I hadn't seen him since that morning before the Monkeys' show and I really never thought I'd have to ever again. But here he was. Two feet away. Suffocating me with the smell of the same expensive cologne.

  "What are you doing here?" I managed, discretely swallowing the large lump in my throat. I didn't want him to think he had any kind of power over me. But I couldn't move.

  He shrugged and folded his arms, "same old, same old, I've got a new plot to work on here."

  "Oh really?" I scoffed. "And what's her name?"

  Christian chuckled cruelly and clicked his tongue. "Don't be a bitch, Orion," he said meanly. "Plot doesn't have a name, it's a mansion, and I'm seeing someone back in LA."

  "Never stopped you before," I responded.

  He seemed a little taken aback. Probably by the fact that I wasn't heartbroken at his mention of having someone else. He was always so pathetic. It didn't take more than a second for him to recuperate himself however.

  "Well she's not self obsessed and clingy," he shot back. "I've got no reason to sleep around," he smirked. God he makes me sick.

  "Send her my condolences," I said sarcastically. The tension was suffocating.

  "Geez, you have changed haven't you?" Christian laughed, looking me up and down in a way that made me want to escape my own body. I just knew he was recalling what I looked like without anything on and it made me nauseous. "What are you even doing here anyway? Couldn't be any of that art shit or whatever you do."

  "None of your business," I snapped. Condescending piece of shit.

  "You know, I'm surprised you never came snivelling back to me. Still fucking that British guy?" he asked.

  "Fuck off, Christian," I said harshly.

  "He's not sick of you yet?" Christian provoked. I wanted to ditch all those goddamn books at his head. "I'm amazed. Just about three years, huh? Maybe I should grab drinks with him and warn him for what he's in for."

  "You make me sick," I said shortly.

  "Don't be so bitter, O," he said, tilting his head at me. "It doesn't suit your pretty face."

  My jaw hurt from how hard I was gritting my teeth. I almost forgot how well he got under my skin.

"Stop trying to make me out as the bad guy, I can see it in your eyes," he said, cocking his head at me. He tentatively moved towards me, stopping when he realised I moved back to keep the distance. "Why don't I give you some tips instead? You know, so he's not drowning in your dept."

"He's not," I said.

Christian scoffed, "I wouldn't be so sure if I was you. I was and you never seemed to notice. Too busy trying to 'make us work' that you didn't even realise you were the reason we broke up."

"I don't fucking care Christian," I hissed, don't listen to him. "I don't want to hear jack shit from you." I went to move off when he moved around me, blocking my path.