42. Little Miss Sweet Dreams

"And all my pals'll tell me that I'm crazy...you bet I'm loopy alright..."

Alex had been humming the same tune for three days in a row. It started with the same line being whispered over and over at random times of the day and then it slowly changed into other lines and even small sections. It wasn't one that was familiar to me either but I didn't think much of it.

My family had caught onto it too. No one said anything but when Alex would sing to himself very quietly just walking around the lodge, everyone would silently look at each other and smile. He didn't even notice, it was like when he was singing, we was in his own world.

"You almost ready to head out?" Alex said as he stepped into the bathroom with me, mid way through pulling a beanie over his head and hiding away his soft brown locks.

"Yeah," I nodded, brushing out my hair. "I just need two minutes."

"Okay," Alex smiled and grazed a hand on my hip as he moved over to the sink and began brushing his teeth. He was a fast learner. He'd gotten notably better at skiing since our first day and was now trying out intermediate slopes with me, Émilio and Amie. Maman and Papa chose to ski at their own pace for shorter periods of time.

"Lio wants to try out a bit of a harder trail today," I said, "it's a bit steeper but should be fun...but if you don't wanna do it we can always do our own thing."

Alex shook his head, "Nah I reckon I can give it a shot," he said with a smile. "If I fall I can always get you to carry me down the mountain anyways."

  "I'll pop you on my back and speed down," I joked.

  "I'd probably crush you," Alex chuckled, shaking his head.

  "Lies, you're tiny, I could carry you easy," I smirked.

  "I'm not tiny," Alex laughed.

  "You're all lean and muscle," I teased. "Come on, lets try it."

  "I don't wanna break yer back," Alex chuckled as I turned my back to him and squatted so he could hop on for a piggyback. 

  "You won't," I said as he wrapped his arms around my neck and hesitated. "C'mon Al, I won't drop you. It's test run time incase you give up half way down the mountain."

  "Tell me to jump off if I'm going to snap you in half," Alex said and jumped up onto me, wrapping his thin legs around my waist as I held him up with ease and turned to look at us in the mirror to see what we looked like.

  "Al, you're so fucking light," I laughed, my hands around his legs and holding him up as he leant his chest against my back.

  "I love when you call me that," he hummed by my ear. "How are you holding me up so easy?" He laughed, hugging my neck.

  "I don't know," I laughed honestly.

  "Probably because yer strong as shit," Al said, kissing my cheek, "my baby's got all those muscles from sculpting."

  "That's right, I beat you in an arm wrestle," I recalled.

  "I haven't forgotten," he chuckled. He had the most beautiful and effortless smile lines. "Still impresses me to this day," he grinned and kissed me on the neck to make me giggle.

I found myself looking into the mirror and struggling to stop myself from smiling wider than I'd seen myself in years. I wanted to laugh. It was comical; me giving Alex a piggyback when he was taller than me and basically the same size, clinging to my back like a child. But I couldn't even do that. I was just smiling and admiring our goofiness in the mirror. I wanted it to last forever. Being in that state of a relationship. With Alex especially.