49. Visit To A Lover

I was too excited to sleep on either of the plane rides. It really was some miracle that I was even able to go and visit Miles and Alex in the UK, even more so that Al had gotten me an entire two and a half weeks off. When I asked work about it, I was surprised to find out they genuinely were happy for me to go and had deliberately saying no to all of my requests because Alex had called them up even before he left for tour.

  It was so freeing to leave behind all my responsibilities for a bit. Alex was right. This was exactly the break I needed. And I got to spend it on tour with the love of my life.

  I was one of the first to step off the plane as it landed in London. My heart was beating out of my chest. I couldn't even keep the smile from my cheeks. I must've looked insane to anyone around me. Even more so when I stepped out from customs, walking into the meeting area when I spotted that diamond face smiling back at me. In an instant, I abandoned my trolley of baggage and sprinted over to him.

  Like lightning, I bolted up to him, weaving in and out of the slow walking people and leapt onto him. Wrapping my arms and legs around him as he held me up, I hugged him so tight I must've cut off his circulation. Alex hugged his arms tight around me and held me so I wouldn't fall.

  "I missed you so much," I said to him moving to see his face. Without hesitation, Alex kissed me hard, over and over until we needed to breathe.

  "I've gone crazy without you," Alex said in between kisses. There were people around us looking and 'awing' but neither of us cared. There had never been a bigger satisfaction than seeing his face after what felt like years but had only been weeks.

  "It's so good to see you," I said and hugged him tight again, slowly moving my legs from around him as he lowered me back onto my feet. Words can't explain how good it felt to be in his arms again. He looked incredible. Well rested, clean shaven, hair brushed back and dressed in a coordinated brown outfit. The only thing that was off were his dirty white tennis shoes and that was the part that made it 'Alex'.

  "I missed you so much baby," Alex said softly, gently cupping my cheek and tilting me up to kiss him once more. Deep, longing, and making up for all our lost time. "Where are your bags?"

  "Oh...I kind of ditched them when I saw you," I said with a sheepish smile.

  Alex chuckled, his laugh was my favourite sound, "silly girl." He moved his arms around me and that's when I realised he had a bouquet of flowers. "For you," he smiled and handed me the arrangement of tulips and roses. Their sweet aroma filled my nostrils immediately.

  "Thank you," I smiled up at him, kissing his cheek as he wrapped an arm around me and began walking us over to where I'd abandoned my trolley.

  "I've got it honey," Alex smiled, taking the handle of the trolley and pushing it back towards the exit. "How were the flights?"

  "Amazing, really, thank you," I said gratefully. He'd put me up in first class. "How's tour been?"

  "Well, Glasto is tomorrow," Alex said casually.

  "Wait what?" I exclaimed as we walked through the airport parking lot to Alex's rented car. Alex just smirked at me and raised his eyebrows. "Sir, you are going to have to repeat yourself," I laughed in disbelief.

  "We are going to Glastonbury Festival tomorrow," Alex smiled.

  "No we're not," I said, still not believing him. "No way. I knew you were performing but...is it actually tomorrow?" I'd been so caught up in going to see him that I'd forgotten what the dates were.

  "There is a reason I chose these two weeks over any other," Alex smiled proudly.

  "Holy shit!" I exclaimed. A little too loud. A mother nearby gave me a dirty look and covered her toddler's ears. "Wait...I'm gonna see you guys perform at Glastonbury?" I asked him, bubbling with excitement.