Part 41

Lance's head hurt. 

He could feel an odd mixture of warmth and coldness pressing around him. He groaned and brought a hand up to rub his eyes finding that it brought his other one with it. He blinked blearily and adjusted his position only to jump at the sharp in take of breath in his ear. 

He squeaked and jumped back, immediately regretting it when his head started pounding in from a whole new angle.

Upon landing on the cold ground, he became more aware. 

Keith shifted against the wall, blinking blearily and groaning. Lance muttered a sting of apologises as he scrambled closer, checking over him for injuries. Keith batted his hand away with his head roughly before realising who it was, apologising quietly and nudging his head back into his hand. 

Lance let out a relieved sigh when he couldn't find any injuries and relaxed into Keith's shoulder and looking around.

The room allowed about 4 feet of space above their heads if they were standing and gave them plenty of walking room. It was probably meant for more prisoners.

The two of them were still in their suits from the meeting and didn't have their Bayards on them. Keith had already started drifting back to sleep. Lance let him, he looked exhausted and this would probably be the most energy they'd have for a while. 

They didn't have any shoes on them either leaving them in what they had managed to use as socks. Altean fabric seemed a lot more practical than the stuff from Earth, it wasn't as slippery so they would be able to run just as easily in them. However they wouldn't protect their feet like shoes would.

Lance hummed absently as Keith curled into him in his sleep. He noted how Keith's hands were tied behind his back compared to his being in a more free position at his front. The position made it harder for Keith to do anything, they probably saw him as more of a threat although it was unusual for them to not just do the same to him. 

He shuddered thinking about how someone had been touching and arranging them. Just the thought of how inconsistent it was he found disturbing.

He blinked the thoughts away, opting to think positively instead. 

At least they were still together and no one else had gone with them and been captured. 

"Well that doesn't sound like I'm jinxing us at all." He puffed up his cheeks before letting it out in an exaggerated sigh. He dropped his head on top of Keith's. His headache had gone down at least. He'd have to ask Keith what happened later, his memory was still fuzzy. He could remember waking up briefly and being with Keith but not much more than that. This would have worked out better for Keith if he had Shiro instead. Or any of the others for that matter. Lance just wasn't the ideal option for most situations. He had been the one who encouraged Keith to try the drinks in the first place. Some Red Paladin he was, he couldn't even get them through a basic negation meeting.

When the door opened again both Lance and Keith were already awake. Keith had been carefully explaining everything that had happened while he was asleep. He had brightened up a lot more when he learned that Lance's symptoms had gone down, hopefully meaning that he was getting better on his own.

They scrambled to their feet when the Guard came in followed by a few sentries. Keith looked ready to kill them but Lance just eyed the sentries, assessing them. They looked rougher than than the ones they usually fought against and their blasters weren't as good as the ones the empire usually had either. They had a cooldown after a certain amount of shots making them less effective but the nozzle was slightly different. Maybe it could shoot more?