Part thirteen

"There's no point in debating this further. Zarkon is clearly tracking us through me." Allura declared, she almost seemed angry.
"Aww, space baloney."
"That's not possible."

"Why would that be so hard to believe? Zarkon's forces showed up on Arus only after I awoke." Allura countered, as usual lance tries to diffuse the situation with flirting and humor.

"She's got a point. I would absolutely travel across the galaxy to find you."
Lance said as he bowed to the the princess.

"It's not you, Princess Allura. It's me."

'Keith. Seriously, no. This is the first thing you've said this whole time. How am I supposed to make you feel better, you just get angry at my jokes.'

"I just think Zarkon must've imprinted on me during our fight or something."

"Look, the fact is, we don't know how Zarkon is tracking us. It could be through the Black Lion. Every time Zarkon gets close to it, Shiro has to fight him for control." And as usual lance is more inclined to believe Pidge over the other two.

"Look, it doesn't matter how he's tracking us because we're gonna take the fight to the Galra soon enough. They've been chasing us from galaxy to galaxy. The last thing they expect is for us to come after them." Shiro, the lack of sleep seemed to be catching up to him.

"The hunter becomes the hunted, hmm? Awesome! That's the tag line from like six of my favorite movies." Lance exclaimed nudging Keith trying to at least distract him a bit.

"As it happens, I took our list of recent Galra attacks and analyzed it for both commonalities and anomalies among the attack sites. I was hoping to create an algorithm that would, within a statistically acceptable margin of error, provide a list of target-rich Galra environments color-coded, of course, because what are we, animals?" Pidge flashed her glasses like an anime character.
"Cool! What is it again?"

"It's a Galra finder?"

"Well, "finder" suggests that it locates the Galra, whereas it would be more accurate to say that my model predicts their likeliest- Fine. It's a Galra finder."
"So, where are the Galra?"

"The nearest ones are right here. A planet called Taujeer."

"Then that's where we're headed. Everyone should get some sleep. Tomorrow, we'll find that Galra fleet and take it out."

————————————————————
Despite Shiro's order, many of the castles occupants seemed reluctant to sleep and as usual it fell to Lance to make sure they slept.

It wasn't like it was a designated responsibility, in fact most of the team probably didn't even realize lance did it. Instead, Lance did it to help de-stress and tire himself out.

First of the group was Hunk.
Lance found him heading towards the kitchen where he usually caught him stress baking.
"Hunk buddy, what're you doing?"

Hunk turned faintly surprised that Lance had managed to sneak up on him.
"Oh I was just going to bake something real quick.."
Lance cocked his head to the side as he thought of a reasonable solution.
He clicked his tongue when he thought of one.

"Come on, follow me."
Hunk followed him with little prompting to Lance's room where he handed him a plain empty note book.
"If you think of any recipes when you're trying to sleep, write them down in here then you can try them in the morning and hopefully it will tire you out a bit too."
Hunk thanked him and left for his own room.

Next was Pidge. Lance walked straight to her room, where he knew she'd be typing away at her computer.
He opened the door, picked up the laptop and turned it off as soon as he'd saved whatever Pidge was doing.
"Hey give it back! Lance! I have stuff to do!"
"Mmhm like sleep. Come on, you'll be able to work and think better once you've slept a bit."
Still grumbling, Pidge allowed lance to scoop her up and place her in bed, pulling the covers around her and turning the lights off.