THIRTY EIGHT

CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT
"It's just some unspoken thing"

              A HARSH INHALE OF OXYGEN SLICED through the silence as the unconscious Ice Demon awoke, a pained groan merging with the intake of breath

A HARSH INHALE OF OXYGEN SLICED through the silence as the unconscious Ice Demon awoke, a pained groan merging with the intake of breath. The ghostly white skin the woman possessed had a sense of colour now from the amount of heat she was previously exposed to, the harsher side to the duel personality being weak and almost silent. But, Frost remained alive, her light tone urging the kinder side of the duel personality up and away from sleep.

Allison exhaled slowly, her eyelids lifting to reveal the glimmering and reassuring shine that her eyes held. The stars shinning out in the endless abyss of space, waving to the enhanced individual as she tilted her head to peer through the window. Frost's faintly hummed in her head, a unrecognisable tune flowing through and dragging Allison back to the real world, with a throbbing headache.

The enhanced individual sat up slowly, her symptoms being like that of someone who was hung over. Her head spun, causing her to cradle her head and squeeze her eyes shut, becoming dizzy for a moment before slowing down. She squinted her eyes open, tilting her throbbing head to look out the window again, before-

Oh! You're awake!

Physically jumping at her other side's, Allison calmed herself back down with light intakes and exhales of breath and reasurring thoughts. She crossed her arms over her chest, finding herself still in Frost's special 'super' suit, and nodded. "Frost... Please explain everything that has happened..." she whispered, looking straight ahead with a desire to fill in every blank spot of her memories.

Uh... a lot happened... like, a lot-a lot.

Allison didn't know how much Frost meant by 'a lot', but considering the fact she missed an entire battle and the Guardians saving the galaxy, again... she severely underestimated the meaning behind the use of 'a lot'. Also severely underestimating how long she was out and had let her other self remain in control.

But during the middle of the lengthy explanation of the prior hours, Allison's eyes caught something else sparkling through the endless darkness of space. Twinkles of gold lifted into the atmosphere, flowing over the tall window before slowly fading against the stars. The multicoloured pieces of glitter sprinkled in front of the window like a rainbow gracing the sky, bringing some sort of light before fading from existence and dying out.

That's... that's Yondu...

Frost's much more sorrowful tone held all that Allison needed to know as her lips parted and eyes widened in surprise. The other side of the duel personality proceeded to explain everything she could recall with accuracy, adding extra details to certain parts that seemed vital/important.

❄️

BREAKING FREE FROM GRIEF WAS a difficult process that could take ages and become a painful occurance that individuals struggle with achieving. And, Peter knew he'd be trapped in the cycle for a while before the Guardians of the Galaxy could return to being as normal as they can be.