EPILOGUE

EPILOGUE

SPACE

IN A DISTANT PART OF the galaxy, the Benatar zoomed through the atmosphere. The Guardians sat in the front of the ship, enjoying the tune shooting out from Peter's zune device, that played 'The Rubberband Man' by The Spinners. This certain song was one both sides of Allison could enjoy and love.

"Sing it, Drax!" Peter called out over the music.

Allison, being in the back with Mantis and Groot, leaned forward and craned her neck to see her friend. Drax paid no attention to Peter as he was fast asleep, a bit of drool sliding out of the corner of his mouth. She laughed to herself before falling back in her seat, singing along with the music.

I'll hand it to ya, I like the music, it has grown on me.

Allison laughed at Frost's statement, knowing the Ice Demon counterpart's hatred for certain genres and songs.

To her left, she saw Rocket yawn loudly, slumped in his seat. "Why are we doing this again?"

"It's a distress signal, Rocket. Someone could be dying," Gamora replied sternly.

"I get that, but why are we doing it?" Rocket emphasised, only achieving in making Allison roll her eyes.

"'Cause we're nice," Peter glanced at the animal. "And maybe whoever it is will give us a little cheddar cheese for our effort." He rubbed his fingers together, meaning he was referring to money.

"Which isn't the point," Both sides of Allison said, her voice coming out colder the normal because of it.

Peter looked back at the Ice Demon, seeing a strand of Allison's fiery orange hair fade to a bleach white. "Which isn't the point," he repeated, pointing to her before turning back to the front, eyes moving to Rocket again. "I mean, if he doesn't pony up..."

At the front, Drax replied, now surprisingly awake. "We take his ship."

"Exactly!"

"B-b-b-bingo!" Peter half cheered as Rocket exclaimed an 'all right'.

Both Gamora and Allison glared at the Guardian's leader, Peter catching Gamora's cold stare before Allison's. He shook his head, trying to tell her they wouldn't do it, but Gamora knew better then to believe that.

Peter flinched as an icicle flew past his head, stabbing into the wall beside him. He glanced back to see Allison with her palm out and a small bit of mist flowing off her hand.