THREE

CHAPTER THREE
"Rocket, just shoot him"

      NOTHING COULD SLOW THE DETERMINED GREEN skinned woman down, as she continued to move forward and shove through the crowds to approach those who had capture Peter Quill

      NOTHING COULD SLOW THE DETERMINED GREEN skinned woman down, as she continued to move forward and shove through the crowds to approach those who had capture Peter Quill. She ignored Rocket and Allison, purely focused on Groot and a bagged Peter Quill. As the woman shoved Allison out of the way, the Ice Demon growled, jaws clenched as she moved her hands out either side of her.

In an attempt to succeed, Groot dropped the bag Immediately, turning to attempt to fight the woman but she moved quickly and with ease too. She sliced up and down, her blade digging through Groot's arms with her clearly remaining unphased. The branches, that were once Groot's arms, fell to the floor. As they collided eith the concrete, the flopped around, squirming against the ground. The sight of it made Allison cringe but she soon focused her attention back on the man with the bounty.

Mist started floating gently and silently off her palms as she opened her hands, turning to the woman was beginning to unravel the bag containing Peter. She gently curled her fingers, allowing them to drift up and down slowly as she mentally tried to plan how different scenarios could occur and play out. But before she could do anything, Peter poked his head out and aimed for the woman with the blade. His gun release an electric shock in the woman's direction, making her stumble back with her body squirming and shaking vigorously.

As the woman fell back, Peter immediately climbed to his feet, taking off in an attempt to escape the trio that were clearly hunting him.

Instinctively, Allison rose her hands, the waves of mist beginning to flow off her skin before she dropped her arms, not wanting to accidentally set Frost free. "I give up!" Allison decided, straightening her posture and crossing her arms. "Rocket, just shoot him already, please!"

Give up? You're a wimp, Allison!

"It would be my genuine pleasure Allison," Rocket responded with a grin. He heaved his gun, that wad almost twice the size of him, over his shoulder, peering through the scope and aiminn for Peter. "I live for the simple things. Like how much this is gonna hurt."

Rocket was quick to line up the gun and perfect his aim, firing a shot of electricity towards Peter. It hit him directly in the back, sending he to the floor like Allison and the green skinned woman had done previously, the electricity crackling loudly.

"That's how it feels!" Allison yelled triumphantly, Frost laughing devilishly in her head. She pointed to Peter before crossing her arms again, ignoring Rocket's stare that held a confused expression.

Without missing a beat, Allison and Rocket glanced behind them as they both heard Groot whimper. A frown was plastered across his face as he shamefully kicked his arm that still squirmed against the concrete.

"It'll grow back, you d'ast idiot, quit whining!" Rocket tried reasurring, in his own extremely aggressive way.

Suddenly, yellow rays surrounded all three of them, the lights gently lifting them off the ground, startling the three who had thought they were safe this time. They weren't.

Shit! Shit!

Allison's eyes averted up and focused on the star shaped ships surrounding them, quickly working out that the Nova Corps had captured them... again.

"Subject 89P13, drop your weapon!"

"Aw... Crap..." Rocket muttered, reluctantly dropping the gun as he glared up at them.

He's got that right...

"For once... we agree on something," Allison sighed, moving her hands to be behind her head as she glared at the ships surrounding them. She decided against fighting back, ignoring her counterparts battlecries.

"By the authority of the Nova Corps, you are under arrest."

Two guards proceed to retrieve Peter and it made Allison curiously glance over. She didn't hear much of the conversation, but she did hear a name, 'Star-Lord'. She scoffed, it wasn't a very good one in her opinion.

❄️❄️❄️

"GAMORA. SURGICALLY MODIFIED AND TRAINED AS a living weapon. The daughter of the mad Titan, Thanos, " Dey read out from the information gathered on the determined green skinned woman. Gamora proceeded to glare at them, lip twitching into a small smirk as she imagined all the ways she could kill the men and not even break a sweat. "Recently, Thanos lent her and her sister Nebula out to Ronan, which leads us to believe that Thanos and Ronan are working together," he continued to explain, watching with fear twisted in his gaze as Gamora cracked her neck, narrowing her dark eyes at the two men.

As the daughter of Thanos exited, the cybernetically enhanced animal stepped in, the technology immediately fetching an array of facts and information regarding the raccoon.

"Subject 89P13. Calls itself 'Rocket'." Rocket's ears twitched as he crossed his arms, huffing in annoyance whilst glaring at the two, similar to how Gamora had previously. "The result of illegal genetic and cybernetic experiments on a lower lifeform." Rocket spat to the side, snarling before turning and gladly leaving the enclosure.

Next was Allison Frost.

The Ice Demon stepped into the box with her hands awkwardly combing through the ends of her orange hair. After hearing the outlaw's comment on her hair, she was afraid they were beginning to change again. It had happened before, and typically in meant Frost was closer to breaking through.

"Allison Frost, known as the Ice Demon," Dey said, reading through her file, glancing up at her. "Kidnapped alongside Subject 89P13 and experimented on for most of her life to see the peek of her abilities. Born with the ability of cryokinesis, she can easily manipulate ice into different structures and weapons of different sizes. Let's just say, she can't stand the heat either." Allison lifted her head, meeting Dey's gaze with one of her hands still combing through her hair. "Works closely beside Subject 89P13."

Allison was ushered out, Groot replacing her with his presence clearly confusing the two soldiers who staref at him with eyebrows lifted and eyes wide. Groot stepped forward, bending down to look at the two guards head on.

"What the hell..."

"They call it Groot," Dey explained, glancing at his coworker to avoid Groot's unreadable expression. "A humanoid plant that's been travelling recently as 89P13 and the Ice Demon's personal houseplant/muscle."

Peter scooted in next and he immediately rose his fist, moving his other fist in a circular motion like he was winding up a jack in the box. He pretended to be intrigued by the product, ignoring the officer's explanations.

"Peter Jason Quill from Terra. Raised from a youth by a band of mercenaries called the Ravengers, led by Yondu Udonta."

By now, Peter's little jack in the box had full 'wound up'. His middle finger was pointed at the two guards and he put a hand up in a defensive manner, false shock appearing on his face. "Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know how this machine worked."

"What a bunch of a-holes," one guard huffed only for Dey to chuckle.

"Transport all five to the Kyln," someone commanded gruffly, seeming bored and irritated by their job. "And someone get a power dampener on the Ice Demon!"