TWENTY TWO

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO
"She says your an idiot but... A smart one"

        "WE TRIED TO KEEP IT as close to the original as possible," Dey said as he extended his arm to motion to the starship that sat on the landing pad

        "WE TRIED TO KEEP IT as close to the original as possible," Dey said as he extended his arm to motion to the starship that sat on the landing pad. "We salvaged as much as we could."

Oh my... That's incredible! Isn't is?

The starship was almost an exact replica of Peter's previous ship, the Milano. The blue and orange colours, that defines contrasted each other, glimmered under the Xandar sun, shinning in the light. It stretched out wide across the pad and undamaged, almost seeming welcoming.

"Wow... I-" Peter cut himself off, eyes purely glued on the ship that looked almost exactly like his previous one. He was speechless, barely believing his eyes as he stared at the replica of the Milano. Slowly, Peter managed to shift his gaze, turning his head to look at Dey. "Tha-Thank you."

"I have a family. They're alive because of you," he said, voice soft and genuine towards the Guardians. There was a few moments of silence, the previously titled outlaws all staring up at the ship, the ship they'd share for now. "You're criminal records have also been expunged." His grin soon faded, expression turning stern and serious. "However, I have to warn you against breaking any laws in the future."

Wait. So we aren't criminals?

Allison laughed softly, eyes beginning to move down as she responded. "No, Frost. Not anymore."

"Question," Rocket spoke up, making all eyes turn to him. "What if I see something that I want to take, and it belongs to someone else?" His arms seemed to wrap around the pot tighter as he looked up at Dey hopefully. Allison laughed once again.

"You'll be arrested." Dey stared at the animal with confused eyes.

"But what if I want it more then the person who has it?"

"It's still illegal."

"That doesn't follow. No, I want it more, sir," Rocket pushed further, continuing to stare up at him."Do you understand?"

Allison sighed, but her smile stayed permanently stuck to her face.

Somethings never change.

"No... It's still illegal," Dey frowned, uncertain on why the animal was so persistent. He looked up to the Ice Demon who smiled innocently, giving a shrug as if saying there's nothing she can do.

Wanting to defuse the conversation, after giving a quiet chuckle, Gamora placed a hand on Rocket's shoulder, leading him swiftly away from the group.

Rocket stared up at the ex assassin with confusion hidden in hid brown orbs. "What are you laughin' at? What, I can't have a discussion with this gentlemen?"