FIFTEEN

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
"You can't freeze any of them"

      "YOU CALL THAT 'FIGURED IT OUT'?" Rocket yelled after Peter finished explaining the details of what had happened minutes prior

"YOU CALL THAT 'FIGURED IT OUT'?" Rocket yelled after Peter finished explaining the details of what had happened minutes prior. "We're gonna rob the guys who just beat us senseless-"

"Oh, you wanna talk about senseless? How about trying to save us by blowing us up?" Peter shot back, glaring at the animal.

"We were only gonna blow you up if they didn't turn you over!" Rocket claimed, glancing at Allison for help. The Ice Demon was pacing back and fourth in the room, waiting impatiently for Frost to say her powers were back. So far, the Ice Demon part of her had nothing good to say.

"And how on earth were they gonna turn us over when you only gave them a count of five?"

For once, Quill has a point.

"We didn't have time to work out the minutiae of the plan!" Rocket dragged out mockingly before glancing at Groot. "This is what we get for acting altruistically."

"I am Groot."

Rocket nodded quickly in agreement. "They are ungrateful!"

"What's important now is that we get the Ravagers' army to help us save Xandar," Gamora said calmly, standing from he seat on a large stray box. By now, Allison had stopped pacing, turning to face the group.

"So we can give the Stone to Yondu who's just gonna sell to somebody even worse?"

Now, Rocket has one.

In response to Rocket's claim, which was a good and reasonable one, Allison took her chance to speak up. "We can figure that out later. We have to stop Ronan-"

"How?"

Allison bit her tongue, looking down. She didn't have a plan to do anything right now, she was more focused on her powers activating again.

A few moments passed in silence as none of the group looked at each other, all waiting for someone to speak up with some spectacular plan.

Until...

"I have a plan."

Rocket scoffed. "You've got a plan?" He spoke with disbelief at Peter's words.

Peter seemed to hesitate as he glared at the small animal. "Yes-"

Rocket interrupted him again. "First of all, you're copying me from when I said I had a plan."

"No, no I'm not. People say that all the time. It's not that unique of a thing to say," Peter claimed.

Allison sighed, taking a seat on one of the many stray boxes laid out across the room, watching as Peter and Rocket continued to bicker.