TWENTY NINE

CHAPTER TWENTY NINE
"Lay a finger on me and Frost comes out to play"

       LEAVING ROCKET AND GROOT WAS the last thing Allison wanted to do

LEAVING ROCKET AND GROOT WAS the last thing Allison wanted to do. But, inevitably, someone would have to fix the Milano eventually and Rocket was best suited for that job. Her arguing was worthless considering she knew she would end up going with the other Guardians either way, therefore leaving her to say goodbye for the next few days. And well... Regarding Groot, she'd personally prefer to leave the baby sapling on a planet that seemed safe and undeadly. Though, she wasn't fond of leaving them with Nebula.

"You're just gonna leave me here with that fox!" Nebula bellowed angrily, glaring daggers right at her sister as she passed.

Gamora remained unfazed from her sister's aggressive tone and threats that were never ending whenever they crossed paths. "He's not a fox," she spoke clearly and calmly, glancing down at Rocket before nodding to the prisoner. "Shoot her if she does anything suspicious." The animal grumbled a response, an inaudible one. "Or if you feel like it."

Gamora patted Allison's shoulder as she stepped past, the Ice Demon being crouched in front of a small container that Groot was sitting on. The young tree watched her go with wide eyes, tears welling up as he turned back to look at Allison, a frown plastered over his face.

Oh my god, even my hearts melting at the sight of his cuteness!

"Aw, you're making Frost sad now," Allison spoke with sad smile, gently rubbing the pad of her thumb under one of his eyes, swiping away a tear. "Hey, look, it'll only be for a few days. We'll be back before Rocket finishes fixing the ship."

Groot nodded sadly, his frown never faltering as he looked up at Allison.

Aw, come on Alli! Give him a snowflake.

There was for once an agreement. Pressing her palms together, she pushed an ice beam from either side, sliding her hands to shape it. Slowly, she removed her top hand, revealing a shimmering ice snowflake, one that'd hold together pretty well and one that'd fit in his small hands.

She offered a smile as she picked it up from her hands, passing it to Groot.

The young tree took it, holding it close to him and surprisingly smiled sadly. The simple small charm was something he'd cherish forever, just like he does with Rocket and Allison's friendships.

Yay! Happy Baby Groot!

Standing, she walked off, missing Groot shifting in his seat to watch her. He gave a small wave as the departing Guardians began to leave.

"What if the Sovereign come?" Drax asked, genuinely concerned with the thought of the Sovereign finding their hideout.

Peter wasn't even the little bit concerned, urging Drax out of the destroyed Milano. "There's no way for them to know we're here. Let's go."