FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE
"What this dumbass is trying to say is that..."

     AFTER HAVING TO SUFFER A DAY of threats being shouted at her prisonmate, Allison found herself feeling worried and sympathetic for Gamora

AFTER HAVING TO SUFFER A DAY of threats being shouted at her prisonmate, Allison found herself feeling worried and sympathetic for Gamora. She was surprised that the woman seemed unfazed by the death threats, wondering how she managed to stay so calm when looking into the eyes of death.

Also managing to shock Allison, Gamora tried her hardest to be kind to the ice demon once prisoners were escorted to their seperate cells. She'd curiously ask about Allison's cryokinesis, and would respect her wishes if she responded with an answer similar to 'I don't want to talk about it'. about the cryokinesis she possessed. Allison found herself enjoying Gamora's company and to her surprise, Gamora was enjoying Allison's company as well.

She was intrigued by Allison's abilties and she wondered how the woman felt about them. When the group crossed paths on Xandar, Gamora easily noticed the struggle Allison had when firing an ice beam at Peter. She couldn't tell whether it was pain or Allison struggling to control it.

That night, after Allison and Gamora had became more like acquaintances then strangers, Allison was awoken to the sounds of her cellmate's grunts and struggle.

The ice demon squinted an eye open, ignoring the pain she had from her awkward sleeping position. Gamora was nowhere to be seen, making Allison sit up slowly, rubbing her tired eyes gently.

"Gamora?" she murmured, her voice seeming to echo through the dark cell.

Feeling worried, the ice demon hesitantly rose to her feet and approached the opened door. Her eyebrows furrowed together at this detail, but she forced her anxiousness away. A part of her was wondering what Frost would be saying in response to her actions.

Allison poked her head out to see Peter exiting his own cell, ignoring a quiet call from Rocket. Her confusion struck further at the sight of the two of them, her head tilting to the side as she watched for a few moments, wishing she could have Frost's input right about now.

Rocket began to exit his own cell, his eyes narrowed at Peter who was creeping through the prison. Having her curiosity get the better of her, Allison quickly caught up to her animal companion, startling him slightly.

"Alli? What are you-"

"What am I doing up? What are you doing up?" Allison interrupted, narrowing her eyes at the raccoon. "Also... Gamora wasn't in the cell."

Rocket's eyes widened as he stared up at the ice demon. He instantly picked up on the worry laced in Allison's voice and he found it strange. His friend was worried about an assassin that was known to be dangerous and unfriendly.

Ignoring the look he gave her, Allison sped her walk up, feeling the bracelets spin slightly as her arms swung gently by her side.

The two friends quickly caught up to Peter who had paused at one of the circular entrances. Rocket immediately tried to get Peter to back off but he didn't budge, along with Allison.