TWELVE

CHAPTER TWELVE
"Holy-"

        AN ODD DEVICE, THAT THE Collector owned, gently worked to open up the Orb

        AN ODD DEVICE, THAT THE Collector owned, gently worked to open up the Orb. Curiosity struck Allison and she pushed past Peter to get a better look, Rocket leaning forward on her shoulder to look at the artifact as well.

"Oh, my new friends," Taneleer began, looking at them all, Allison cringing at the expression and 'mysterious' stare. "Before creation itself... There were six singularities." With the press of a button, the machine twisted the Orb and allowed purple imagery to fade above, creating circular patterns. "Then the universe exploded into existence, and the remnants of these systems were forged into concentrated ingots." Within each circle, burst of colours appeared, fading into visions of different parts of the galaxy. Behind the Collector, six different shapes appeared, shinning brightly with different colours. "Infinity Stones. These stones, it seems can only be brandished by beings of extraordinary strengths. Observe."

Infinity Stones... Never heard of them.

Allison turned her head to focus where he was pointing, taking a few moments to look at the other small images as well. Each stone had it's own place in the galaxy, spread out widely, they weren't all gathered together, that was clear.

"These carriers can use the Stone to mow down entire civilizations like wheat in a field."

Rocket climbed off of Allison's shoulder, stepping in front of her to get a better look at what the Orb released. The group watched as the purple stone unleash havoc on a planet, wrapping it in a purple light that acted like a plague, infecting the whole planet.

That's... Unsettling

"There's a little pee coming out of me right now..." Peter admitted as he watched the diagram. Allison's face scrunched up in disgust and she looked over to him, earning a seemingly innocent shrug.

"Once, for a moment, a group was able to share the energy amongst themselves, but even they were quickly destroyed by it," Taneleer continued, the group watching as one of the images showed a small group being overwhelmed by one of the stones.

Turning back to the bench, the group then looked down at the Orb. The device tore the edges back and revealed a small purple stone, glowing brightly in front of their eyes as it floated gently in the air.

"Beautiful! Beyond compare."

Rocket rolled his eyes, leaning back as he turns to the bench, focusing on the Collector with annoyance clear in his face. "Blah, blah, blah! We're all very fascinated whitey. But we'd like to get paid!" Allison quickly nodded along with her friend, wanting to escape from the eerie room and never come back.

Yes. That's what we were doing, not growing attached to the daughter of Thanos or Mr Shit-Lord

Allison shook her head lightly, ignoring her inner demons, as she watched the purple circles, containing the diagram, begin fading away, returning to the stone Peter had found.