TWENTY EIGHT

CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT
"Frost would love to freeze him for you"

       FROST WOULD NOT SHUT UP about her opinions on the man that was allegedly Peter's father

       FROST WOULD NOT SHUT UP about her opinions on the man that was allegedly Peter's father. Though, despite her gut agreeing with Frost's opinions for once, Allison did nothing. She didn't speak up nor voice their shared thoughts. She couldn't rip this away, knowing how Peter secretly longed to just know who his father was. And even if it was a man that had a suspicious name and attitude, she didn't want to be the bad guy and take that away.

"I hired Yondu to pick you up when your mother passed away. But instead of returning you, Yondu kept you. I have no clue as to why," Ego stated, purely focused on his son as the other Guardians filled their stomachs with dinner. Allison sat next to Peter, her eyes focused purely on the bowl of food in her grasp as she attempted to block out Frost's screaming in her head.

Blah blah blah! Liar. This guy is a baddie! I promise Allison! Believe me. I know you think it too!

The night had fallen long before, forcing the group to be gathered around a fire for warmth, though, the coldness didn't bother the Ice Demon obviously. As she ate, she did have her eyes watching Ego closely as he spoke to Peter, debating one whether he was going to attack or not. But he didn't. And that didn't sit overly well with either side of Allison Frost. The man made her feel uneasy, there was no doubt in her mind about that, but still, she masked her thoughts from her friends.

"Well, I'll tell you why. Because I was a skinny little kid who could squeeze into places adults couldn't," Peter responded, the words seeming to be painful to say as he remembered the distant memory. "It made it easier for thievin'."

"Well, I've been trying to track you down ever since," Ego answered in an attempt to reassure the clearly suspicious Peter Quill.

"I thought Yondu was your father," Drax spoke up with a confused tone, eyeing Peter before looking Ego up and down.

What the fuck? One's blue?! Is my eyesight going or is he just dumb?

Allison sighed, rubbing her forehead exasperatedly once again, looking at Drax with a expression that had written across it exactly what Frost said.

"What? We've been together this whole time and you thought Yondu was my actual blood relative?"

"You look exactly alike."

Are we actual surrounded by the biggest idiots in the galaxy?

"One's blue!" Rocket exclaimed with narrowed eyes towards Drax, motioning to Peter who sat with squinted eyes.

"No, he's not my father," Peter clarified sternly, irritated at the assumption Drax had made.

I feel like this would be a scene in Star Wars.