THIRTY ONE

CHAPTER THIRTY ONE
"Okay, you can speak now"

          ALLISON WALKED AIMLESSLY THROUGH THE suspicious building

ALLISON WALKED AIMLESSLY THROUGH THE suspicious building. After Ego's lengthy and (in Frost's case), yawn worthy explanatio, Ego had seperated Peter from the group to explain further with details the other Guardians didn't need to know. That left Gamora, Drax and Allison with Mantis, though, only Drax stayed with her. Both Gamora and Allison had seperated, each of them wanting to have a look around.

A sigh of relief slid past Allison's lips as she turned a corner only to see what looked to be a garden, but more specifically, the outside.

With the mixtape clutched tightly in one of her hands, she gently slid the headphones down so they hung around her neck as she exited. Her one desire was to talk to Frost and be certain she wasn't being listened to or watched. Being outside seemed the best way to get that.

As the music continued to play faintly in the headphones, Allison couldn't help but smirk. Her counterpart was humming lightly along to the words, murmuring some of them.

"Okay, you can speak now," Allison spoke in her normal tone, taking long strides through the unique garden. "Frost?"

Agh-What's happening? You ruined my karaoke!

"Incredible karaoke, ten out of ten," Allison sarcastically stated, sitting down on one of the slick benches spread out across the plain. Her fingers slid over the marble seat, feeling how smooth and slick it really was. "But look, you need to learn to shut your mouth sometimes. It's irritating and... Just can you do that so I don't embarrass myself again."

You slapping yourself was your fault not mine.

"Well, your accusations pushed me to do it."

I only said what I said because it's true! The feel to this place is so incredibly weird. It makes me feel uneasy.

Allison rolled her eyes, her hands clenching around the edge of the bench tightly. "We can handle ourselves, Frost."

Who you kidding? You always leave the fighting to me. I bet you can't throw a punch.

"Seriously? Frost, I've survived without you before!"

Oh, we're bringing power dampeners into this, huh?

"Oh my god, why are you so fucking annoying?" Allison snapped, pressing her hands to her temple.

What? So trying to protect you and help is annoying?

"Yes! Especially if you do it in the ways you do!"Allison snapped aggressively, crossing her arms and placing her left foot's heel on top of her right foot's toes. "Why have you been so whinny recently?"

I don't know. Maybe because I don't want to die! And I don't want you to die!

"That's new," Allison scoffed with her head tilted and eyes rolling. She knew that her counterpart would insult her when she wasn't in control, the other Guardians on occasion telling her about it. "You insult me when I'm not in control, even on occasion when I am in control. You know, sometimes it feels like you hate me."

Goddamn it, Allison! I do that to protect you! If I get injured whilst I'm in control, I feel the excruciating pain and you get the faint throbbing afterwards. We see something scarring whilst I'm in control, I have it burned in my memory whilst you never even knew it happened. I've taken so many sacrifices for you Allison, I protect you because...

The counterpart dramatically trailed off her sentence, but Allison wasn't bothered by it as she tried to just process the outburst of compassion. This was certainly a first.

Frost did have moment where she showed that she cared about Allison and respected her, but an outburst as big as this one was very different and unique.

"What? What were you gonna say?" Allison urged after a few minutes of silence.

You weren't always in control when we were younger, you know that right?

Allison hesitantly nodded.

Your parents made me promise that'd I protect you and make sure you weren't scarred or hurt. This meant me gaining control often... that's why I always do that. Because your parents helped me too! And this is the only way I can repay them.

Silence once more occurred as Allison stared distantly. It wasn't that shocking but knowing Frost's behaviour was in a way linked to her parents request was... comforting? There wasn't really a word to describe how she felt knowing that.

I just want to keep you alive. I do care for you, Allison. My sarcasm and snarky responses are basically a coping mechanism in a way. It helps me come to terms with things and it's the way I make light to any situation. And well... they also in some cases help you.

Allison nodded along, fully processing and understanding Frost's words. Her actions and claims seemed a lot more reasonable now, though some were still irrelevant. "So... was saying you like Nebula sarcasm or..." Allison had a sly smirk on her face as her head tilted, hair falling to one side as she stared at the brightly coloured sky.

That was... I like her but I prefer Gamora.

Allison rolled her eyes with a scoff. It was a sarcastic and amused one though. Amused at her counterparts odd opinions.

Allison, on a real note, what are we doing here? I can't shake the gut feeling that something is wrong

"Yeah, I know, I know, we gotta be patient though," Allison explained, pulling her legs up so her knees were against her chest. "If this guy is Peter's dad, which I'm pretty sure he is, we can't just pack up and leave."

You really like him, don't you?

Allison chuckled nervously, hanging her head as she felt the heat rise to her pale face. "Wow, what gave you that idea?" she joked, knowing there was no point in lying to the being she shared a body with. Frost could most certainly pick up on a lie and the feelings that were bubbling in Allison towards Peter. There was zero point.

Oh, I don't know. Maybe it's the nerves that enter your system whenever you talk to him? The blush that rises to your face whenever he compliments you? Or, maybe it's the fact you're literally willing to do anything for me Shit-Lord.

Allison clenched her teeth before rolling her eyes. "I was waiting for the stupid name." Frost laughed. "But you're right. I would do anything for him, and if sticking around to see the outcome of this situation is something he wants me to do. I'm gonna do it," she declared, resting her chin on top of her knees, her lips pursed in thoughts.

Do you love him?

That was when Allison hesitated, biting her lip gently as she thought about it. "Okay... yeah..." she answered softly, a small smile building over her pale face. "Yeah, I-I-I do love him..."

Fine, we can do this one thing but next time, can we please agree on what to do?

"Fine."

And if there is danger?

"Let you take control so you can keep your promise to my parents and keep me safe. I got it." Allison laughed again, letting her legs dropped down and hang off the edge of the bench. "It's nice ya know, we're finally agreeing on something."

Yeah... I guess it does feel... nice...

"And Frost?"

Yeah?

"Thank you. For everything."