SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN
"The better half of Allison"

      THE NOW FULL ICE DEMON TURNED from Groot and Rocket and pushed herself into the air with an ice piller beneath her

      THE NOW FULL ICE DEMON TURNED from Groot and Rocket and pushed herself into the air with an ice piller beneath her. Cold white mist flooded off the ice, filling the room with freezing air as the demon got to work. Ice shards took off around the circular room, originating from the palms of her hands. She guided them into an array of robots and officers, sending them spinning to the floor and forcing guards to be trapped against walls.

"Rocket!" Gamora called out from the side, chucking the wristband over the battlefield. Rocket easily caught it, scrambling on top of Groot, commanding his friend to head to the tower.

Frost followed, creating her own ice path around the circular room. She shot ice beams and icicles to small drones with one hand, keeping one down to make sure she doesn't cut of her bridge. Passing Gamora, the Ice Demon grabbed the assassin's arm, pulling her on to the freezing path and pulling them to the watch tower, meeting Rocket and Groot there.

Gamora gave a respectful nod to the Ice Demon before glancing over her shoulder and watching as the bridge collapsed, creating a tidal wave on the floor that washed out many guards and prisioners. It took a few moments but eventually, the water died down, allowing guards to fill the area again.

"Who's this?" Gamora questioned, jutting her chin in Frost's direction as they waited for Peter.

The Ice Demon scoffed, crossing her arms as a cold mist continued to flow off. "The better half of Allison."

"This is the Ice Demon counterpart of Allison," Rocket explained, ignoring the commotion Peter made as he climbed Groot's makeshift ladder. "She prefers to be called Frost."

Gamora took one last look at the demon, eyes scanning her up and down.

Rocket turned to the entrance of the watch tower, heading for the keypad whilst Peter clambered onto the small bridge. Drax followed and the Groot pulled himself up.

Peter paused, moving the leg from under his chin and into his grasp as he noticed the replacement for Allison. "What the- who's this?"

"Frost," Gamora answered bluntly as she stepped forward, Rocket easily unlocking the door.

"That's Frost?" Peter stared at the Ice Demon with wide eyes and eyebrows raised. "Wait-so where's Allison?"

"Frost and Allison share a body," Rocket began to explain, typing away at the keyboard. "They have ever since Alli was a kid and if she didn't have Frost, she'd be as normal as Quill."

The guard that occupied the watchtower, stared at them with fear covering his expression. White mist flowed off Frost's skin as she held her hands up threateningly, forming an icicle between them. She gripped tightly, the coldness of the ice not bothering her at all. Peter looked at her with a worried and slightly afraid look.