NINETEEN

CHAPTER NINETEEN
"Oh hell no! You're supposed to be dead!"

      FROST SQUINTED HER EYES AT the dust that was slowly begin to settle, searching for any sign of Ronan

      FROST SQUINTED HER EYES AT the dust that was slowly begin to settle, searching for any sign of Ronan. The dust slowly settled around them, the group's eyes all focused purely on where Ronan once stood, expecting to see nothing. When a silhouette amongst amongst the shadows and dust.

"Oh, hell no!" Frost exclaimed like a child, her lips lifting into a snarl as she stomped her foot in anger. Her eyes narrowed at the purple Power Stone shimmering brightly in the darkness. It was attached to the head of his hammer, securely, and giving him an immense amount of power, an amount that seemed to not even realistic. But Frost did not care, her chaotic side really making an appearance. "You're supposed to be dead! That thing is supposed to blow up moons, you shouldn't be alive!"

Gamora and Peter exchanged worried glances as Frost shoved past them, planting her foot solidly and putting all her strength into her cryokinesis. A translousent beam of ice shot out across the room before anyone could stop her. Frost could feel the body heat building up and it was beginning to irritate her. Seeing the attack, Ronan didn't even flinch holding his weapon out.

Time seemed to slow as the group watched the translousent beam of ice glide through the air to Ronan, only to be deflected when Ronan twisted his hammer. The ice collapsed into water, Frost loosing her control over it. An energy pulse also appeared from the Infinity Stone, shoving the outlaws back harshly.

Frost grunted as she stumbled to the floor, shaking her head vigorously with her jaw clenched at the dizziness that hit her. The thick air and and temperatures were beginning to catch up to her, her skin beginning to feel scorched like she had a severe sunburn. She's an ice demon, warm temperatures are most certainly not her thing.

Drax was the first to his feet, glaring at Ronan with nothing but hatred and anger. He let out a warrior battlecry before charging to Ronan without hesitation.

Drax quickly swung an attack in Ronan's direction but clearly, Ronan was the more experienced fighter, easily avoiding Drax's attack and grabbing him by the neck. "I was mistaken. I do remember your family, their screams were pitful-"

A distant rumbled caught the attention of the group, their gazes averting to behind Ronan. Even with her eyesight slightly hazy, Frost easily saw the outline of an incoming Starship, the pilot being none other then Rocket Raccoon.

He didn't slow down, the ship slamming through the glass and creating another explosion and pile of dust. The Dark Aster shook as the explosion was set off and debris fell down.

After just climbing to her feet, the Ice Demon glanced over her shoulder to notice the large ship skiddinh closer. Frozen in fear, Frost's eyes widened as the ship came closet and closer until n she felt a hand wrap around her wrist, tugging her away in one swift movement. Once again, the Ice Xemon grunted as she hit someone's chest, but it was a lot more softer then what the ship would of bee. Frost's breathing was uneven as she shakily glanced behind her to see Peter staring at where the ship had crashed, one hand on her waist with the other securely around her wrist.

"Rocket!" Frost shouted in panic as she glanced back, noticing her friend strapped into the burning vehicle. She quickly pulled herself away from Peter and climbing to her feet, running to where the crashed ship was and ignoring the heat and pain it was causing her.

Electricity crackled around the vessel as Frost jumped onto a pieces of debris, getting close enough to the pilot seat. "Rocket, please..." She whispered, her voice croaking slightly as she reached over, unbuckling the unconscious raccoon from the burning ship. "We can't loose someone else..."

Gently pulling Rocket out, Frost held him close to her chest as she climbed back over the debris, taking Gamora's outstretched hand as she stumbled forward. Frost wad visibly growing weak because of the high and burning temperatures within the thick smoke invested air.

Off to the side, Peter dragged Drax out from under the broken walls and debris, laying him down on the only flat surface available, which is where they reach grouped.

Kneeling and gathering in a small circle, the group of newly found friends all looked around the broken ship, hoping and praying for an exit but there was none in sight.

Frost didn't want to die, it was her main fear and the panic and overwhelming terror that striked her felt unbearable. Her bottom lip quivered as she continued to hold Rocket close to her, scooting closer to Groot and resting her head on his shoulder. Staying in control was something Frost didn't want to do but she also didn't want to force Allison to experience that overwhelming amounts of terror. She made a promise years ago that Allison would never have to witness or experience anything scarring.

Her infamous icy blue eyes closed as Frost braced herself for pain or impact, as long as she was with Groot and Rocket, and now with people she was beginning to consider as friends, she felt somewhat alright. Not that she would be physically. But, it gave her peace knowing that whatever pain was coming her way, Allison wouldn't feel any of it.

A few painful and terrifying seconds passed before Frost felt Rocket shift in her arms whilst her hearing picked up on a faint cracking of branches like someone had stepped on a twig. She slowly let her eyes open, a light gasp slipping past her lips as she watched branches begin to expand from Groot, the mutated tree using his abilities to help create a protective barrier around his new friends.

Frost felt her eyes sting with tears when she realised what was happening, looking forward and seeing a small explosion before a brunch closed the window off. There was no way for them to look outside, to see how close the ground was.

Painful seconds passed once again, Frost looking at Groot with a somber expression, before small fireflies were released in the protectice barrier, lighting it up with their golden shimmer.

By now, Rocket was pulling himself out of Frost's grasp, stumbling to the spot in front of Groot, pure pain and worry reaching his expression.

"She should be here..." Frost decided, knowing that her other side should be able to day goodbye. If this worked, Allison would forever hate herself for not being able to say goodbye to one of the only friends she had...

Closing her eyes and forcing herself to relax, Frost dragged herself away from reality and forced the kinder side of her into control. The Ice Demon side of Allison Frost pulled the human version out from her sleep like state. Her skin once more regained some form of colour as her fiery orange hair returned once more.

Her eyes slowly flickered open, revealing Allison's much more softer, brown ones instead. Allison slowly regained herself, looking around the area, a tear skidding out of her eye as she realised the result of this specific action.

"No, No, no... Groot... Please..." she croaked turning so she was facing the mutated tree, a creature that became her close friend and ally for many years. Any other questions tugging at the back of her mind were pushed aside with the only thought in her head being regarding Groot and his actions.

"You can't, you'll die," Rocket attempted to reason, his voice desperate as he didn't want to loose his best friend. "Why are you doing this! Why?"

Allison gripped onto Rocket's paw as she hugged Groot the best she could, her cries muffled in his side. Groot and Rocket were the only family she had, the only one she could remember. Bits and pieces of memories would come to her from before she was kidnapped but they never painted an exact full picture and Allison truly considered Rocket and Groot to be the family she was taken from.

Slowly, a thin twig rose from either side of Groot, on reaching out to Rocket and swiping away his tear as the other rested under Allison's chin, gently pushing upwards. Groot looked down at her with a small smile before back at his new found friends.

"We. Are. Groot."

Allison held tightly onto Rocket's paw as she returned to hugging Groot the best she could, savouring every last moment before the Dark Aster crashed into Xandar's surface, setting off a large explosion and sending debris and small flames into the streets nearby.