ONE

CHAPTER ONE
"Pathetic"

LOCATION: XANDAR, CAPITAL OF THE NOVA EMPIRE

      BEING SOMEONE WHO'S FAVOURITE COMPANY WAS herself, well... herself and the Ice Demon's irritating opinions, Allison Frost wasn't fully comfortable in the position she was forced into. Her eyes warily scanned through the crowds surrounding her, her positioned being in the middle sat on top of a marble fountain. Her naturally cold body temperature chilled the water within it almost to the point of freezing as she waited patiently. However, the voice in her head was much more impatient then her.

Her curled orange hair dangled down her shoulders, swaying gently in the breeze with her light pink lips pressed in a straight line, rolling her eyes at the opinions being screamed at her.

Come on! Get in on the action! Let's start a fight! The darker side of the kind girl egged on, clearly itching to participate in a brawl.

Allison blew out a long, exaggerated and annoyed breath as she rested her elbows of her thighs, cheeks pressed into the palms of her hands as she watched her friend also scan the crowd.

"Xandarians... What a bunch of losers," Rocket Raccoon spat, the tablet within his grasp scanning specific civillians he focused on and giving him a list of information regarding the citizen.

He always has it right.

Allison sighed, shifting her face so that she leaned on her left hand. She extended her right, becoming mesmerised by the cool mist rolling off her fingertips and bounding over her pale hand. "Can't disagree with you there," she admitted quietly, lowering her hand and dropping her right arm across her thighs.

Her gaze shifted up to look at Rocket, or more so the tablet in her hands. He didn't pick up on her soft voice. "All of them in a big hurry to get from something stupid, to nothing at all," he proceeded to rant, never once looking back as he continued to scan the crowds.

"Pathetic," the ice demon muttered in agreement. Allison straightened her posture, standing whilst she folded her arms across her chest. She took a few steps forward, her boots clicking lightly against the polished pavement as she examined the crowd slowly.

Why did we have to go to Xandar of all places?

Allison's face scrunched up in confusion, one of her hands lifting to scratch her neck as she focused on the ground. "Uh... These citizens are rich perhaps?" she replied, clearly not trusting her own words. But it didn't hide her annoyance towards the lack of judgement.

Allison easily felt her body temperature drop dramatically due to this negative emotion, something that occurs when the opposite side of her is attempting to break through and be free. Allison had learn that her gift, as her mother liked to call it, could be fully triggered if she became overwhelmed by a negative emotion. No natter what it was, Frost fed off of the negativity. If she kept calm, it'd stay within, talking to only Allison and leaving those around her to be safe.