THIRTY FOUR

CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR
"They're expecting me to form some type of plan"

        MANTIS WAS CORRECT AS EGO'S PERSUASION was persistent and convincing

MANTIS WAS CORRECT AS EGO'S PERSUASION was persistent and convincing. He had won Peter to his side, the poor guy wanting nothing more then to have a father. He wasn't able to see the terrible intention behind Ego's words.

"For the first time in my existence..." Ego began, ecstatic over the revelation. "I am not alone!"

But, despite the thrill and the extensive knowledge and power he was giving, Peter was beginning to feel hesitant. His galaxy covered eyes slowly moved to stare at the floor, his lips turning into a frown.

Ego noticed the change in emotion, watching Peter with a curious but anxious stare. "What is it son?"

Peter slowly looked up, the galaxy swirling slowly within his eyes. "My friends..." His mind instantly flashed to Allison, the familiar ache in his heart returning that was occurring a lot now. He really needed to apologise.

"You see, that's the mortal in you, Peter," Ego attempted to explain, using the same persuading technique in an attempt to get his son's mind away from Allison. He certainly knew that the Ice Demon held a special place in Peter's heart, and that it would be difficult convincing him to leave her. "We are beyond such things-" Peter nodded, following Ego's words closely "-Now..."

"But my mother..." Peter began, voice seeming distant. "You said you loved my mother."

"And that I did. My river lilly who knew all the words to every song that came over the radio," Ego said with an admirable tone as he thought fondly of the woman. "I returned to Earth to see her three times. And I knew if I returned a fourth... I'd never leave." He let out a light sigh as he continued, feeling thay his reasoning was spot on and accessible. "The Expansion... The reason for my very existence, would be over, so I did what I had to do... But, it broke my heart to put that tumor in her head."

Suddenly, the galaxy shimmer in Peter's eyes faded, hidden away by anger and fury towards to Celestial. The realisation slapped him in the face and finally, he was beginning to understand Allison's logic. This disclosure was the very thing that made Peter open his eyes and see the full picture. "What?"

"Now, all right, I know that sounds bad-"

Peter had genuinely had enough, raising both blasters and firing relentlessly at Ego. Each fire seemed louder then the last as the energy focus attacks pierced the skin and shot holes in Ego's body, cutting away certain parts. The parts that were exploded off were replaced by this electrical type of energy, bouncing in the shape of a body.

"Who... in the hell do you think you are!?" Ego yelled, glaring at his son from across the room.

"You killed my mother!" Peter exclaimed with pure rage, hands tight around the handles of each blaster.