EIGHTEEN

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
"Never done that before"

         "STAR-LORD," KORATH, A KREE OPERATIVE, greeted after having met Peter when he stole the Power Stone

"STAR-LORD," KORATH, A KREE OPERATIVE, greeted after having met Peter when he stole the Power Stone. The trio consisting of Groot, Drax and Peter had ran into a large group of Ronan's soldiers when they rounded the corner.

Instead of fear entering Peter's system, a large grin broke onto his face as he was hit with satisfaction and delight at the correct name Korath uttered. "Finally."

Korath immediately charged forward, initating a brawl between the two side by picking Peter up from the ground a throwing him aggressively to the ground. Drax and Groot both charged into the fight as well, completely ignoring the white mist that slid around the corner.

Before attacking again, Peter pressed the helmet button behind his ear, his silver helmet sliding over his face and covering his eyes with the scarlet red circles. Korath didn't let him stand though, again grabbing the collar of Peter's shirt and throwing him to the side. Peter grunts as he slammed into a nearby pillar tumbling to the floor.

"You thief," Korath scolded as he approached Peter only to stop when he noticed the white gas substance that was beginning to cover the floor.

"Oh, you're in for a wild ride." A smirk appeared once again, covering Peter's pain as he glanced back the way the came. Korath did too.

A translucent beam of freezing ice travelled swiftly across the room, connecting with Korath's chest and pushing him further back. The evil Frost smile stayed permanently on her face as she released the beam, it collapsing into water.

Frost gave a small nod to Peter as he climbed to his feet. She spun and pushed her left palm forward, sending a large icicle into the chest of one of Ronan's soldiers, earning a pained yell. Her feet hit the water with loud splashes as she charged towards another soldier, kneeing his stomach before pressing her hand to the side of his head, watching as the ice began to grow over his skin.

Sparks lit the room as Peter's weapons fired, taking out a fair few of the soldiers before ending up in a fist fight with one. Drax's battle cry filled the air as he attacked ruthlessly along with Groot.

Frost spun delicately in a circle between two soldiers, grabbing one of their arms before throwing her foot into the private parts of the other man. He grunts in pain as the other screams when Frost froze his arm. Pulling down harshly, the man's eyes widened as the loud crack echoes through the room, him falling back as Frost held onto his now frozen forearm.

"Never done that before," she admitted, examining the body part before throwing it behind her, spinning to see Peter watching her. Under his helmet, Peter's eyes were wide in surprise and shock at the action. But he kept reminding himself that Allison and Frost were basically two different people and that sweet, innocent Allison wouldn't have even thought of doing that to any living creature. Well, he at least thought that after learning about her sweet and kind personality that he adored.

"Finger to the throat means death," Drax growled from the other side of the room. Groot, Drax and Frost turned to look at him, watching as he tore one of the cybernetic implants Korath had. Electricity ripple over his body once Drax successfully did that, leaving the Kree soldier shuddering and falling to the ground. Dracula glanced over his shoulder to the three who watched him. "Metaphor."

"Yeah, sorta," Peter said with a small shrug before moving forward. "Oh, no." Another large army of Ronan's soldiers who were marching towards them, definitely not slowing down.

At Peter's words, Groot stepped in front of them before throwing his arm out. The mutated tree's arm expanded, stabbing through the chest four or five soldiers, Frost didn't have time to count as Groot proceeded to move his arm from left to right in a swift movement, slamming the soldiers he had stabbed into the walls whilst also taking out the group of soldiers slowly.

Frost let out a quiet sigh, crossing her arms as she watched Groot continue to brutally killed the soldiers he stabbed. Even when they were definitely dead, he still slammed them into the walls a few more times before finally releasing them.

Innocently, he looked over his shoulder to the trio who was watching. He gave a wide grin after he was satisfied with the damage and attack he had just succeeded in doing.

As the group of four continued on, Frost stopped in front when she saw another group of guards. Crouching to the floor, she pressed her hands to the ground and watched as the layer of frost stretched out across the ground in front of them. The soldiers proceeded to slip and fall whilst running on the layer of ice, tumbling into each other and dropping their weapons, making it easier for the group to pass.

Once she was certain it was good for them to pass, especially after Peter shot a few of them, Frost forced the layer of ice to come back to her, absorbing in her hands and seeming to leave no trace that it was ever there.

"Quill, you need to hurry!" Rocket exclaimed over coms, the everlasting panic and fear evident in his tone. "The city's been evacuated. But we're getting our asses kicked down here."

Peter and Frost proceeded to take out more guards side by side, Peter using his guns whilst Frost forced icicles into the chests of many of them. "Gamora hasn't opened the door!" he exclaimed, slamming his fist on the sealed door after eliminating the guards.

Being a very impatient person, which Frost had worked out in the short time she'd known Peter, he began preparing the Hadron Enforcer. The Hadron Enforcer was what Rocket said could blow up moons, and Frost trusted the highly intelligent animal. There was no doubt in mind that it could do that, or take down an evil spaceship. Either one worked for her.

Suddenly, the doors in front of them slid open, revealing two sakaarans that immediately turned to fire at the newcomers when another explosion occurred on the other side. As Gamora leaped into the room, firing at one of the guards, Frost threw a sharp icicle into the other, sending him to the floor wailing in pain.

Turning, the group was greeting by a tall and intimidating figure. Slowly, it turned around, revealing none other then Ronan the Accuser.

Once the Hadron Enforcer was powered up and locked onto it's target, Ronan, rather quickly. Rocket did a good job at that. And, without hesitating, Peter pulled the trigger, sending a ball of burning energy towards Ronan and setting of an obnoxious and large explosion in the Dark Aster.