TWENTY THREE

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE
"That is... Disgusting"

THE SOVEREIGN

THE SOVEREIGN

ALLISON FROST WATCHED AS GAMORA READJUSTED her grip around the gun, a creation of her best friend's. She didn't have to let the Ice Demon counterpart of her take control until the creature attacked, so here she was, weaponless considering she had her ice manipulation powers, dressed in the suit that that side of her adore so much.

"Show time a-holes!" Peter announced, fiddling with a small device, blaster in one hand and eyes moving around the sky. "It'll be here any minute."

"Which will be its loss," Gamora added, loading that gun as Peter glanced back at her.

He furrowed his eyebrows at the assassin's choice of weapon. "I thought your thing was a sword?"

"We've been hired to stop an intergalactic beast from feeding on those batteries and I'm gonna stop it with a sword?" Gamora shot back, pulling a blaster from their pile of weapons and throwing it at Allison, who caught it with ease. "You're not gonna be able to stop it with ice." The Ice Demon pursed her lips before nodding, agreeing with Gamora.

"It's just... Swords were your thing, ice was Allison's and guns were mine," Peter admitted, shaking his head lightly as he watched Allison stand and strap the blaster to her hip, under the long navy trench coat like jacket. "But I guess we're all doing guns now. I just didn't know that."

He's irritating, why does the Guardians of the Galaxy include him?

"Well, now you do," Allison sassed, ignoring her couterpart's input, holding her palms out and shaking them to form two orbs of ice and mist. Looking at the other guardians, she noticed Drax being the only one without one of Rocket's jetpack creations. She grew curious. "Drax, why aren't you wearing one of Rocket's aero-rings?"

Drax took one glance at her before staring back at the sky, embarrassed at the reason. "It hurts," he said bluntly, making Gamora and Allison glance at each other with matching confusion.

"It hurts?" Gamora repeated, squinting her eyes at their teammate. Allison let the orbs of mist and ice faded back into her pale skin, sharing the same confused expression.

Once again, Drax glanced back at the two women. "I have sensitive nipples..."

Allison rolled her eyes at the comment before Rocket bursted our laughing. The raccoon clutched his stomach as tears formed in his eyes before speaking in a mocking tone: "'My nipples hurt! Oh goodness me!"'

"What about him!" Drax snapped, pointing at the animal. "What's he doing?"

Allison looked down at her long term friend, rising an eyebrow at Rocket. He was fiddling with some sort of speaker, playing around with the cords as he spoke. "I'm finishing this so we can listen to tunes while we work!"