SIX

CHAPTER SIX
"Or we could just get the battery now and improvise"

     AFTER THE AGREED PARTNERSHIP THE NIGHT prior, the group of mistfits and wanted criminals gladly sat down together, Rocket having a plan, circling in his head to free them

But, he didn't explain straight away as he put his lunchtray down. Rocket motioned for Groot to extend his arm to him, the animal breaking off a small, but sharp, stick from his hand. Gamora tilted her head at the action, glancing at Allison before looking back at Rocket when the Ice Demon didn't reply. Peter squinted his eyes at the two.

"Give me your wrists," Rocket commanded Allison after snapping the stick off.

Allison mentally scolded herself for not having to thought about the easy way out, understanding Rocket's plan. When she extended her wrists, Rocket took them and flipped her left hand around, showing where either end of the bracelet connected together and secured. There was a small hole that was large enough for a key, so Rocket stabbed the sharp stick into it a jiggled it around. After a few moments of different movements, the bracelet cracked lightly, the sound barely audible, and loosened.

"I'm such an idiot," she muttered, lifting her arm and letting the power dampener slid of as Rocket loosened the other.

Once it loosened and Allison removed it, throwing both behind her aimlessly. Her body temperature immediately dropped incredibly low and Allison forced a shaky breath out as small amounts of white mist flowed off her skin before she relaxed again. She rubbed her sore wrists with a frown before wincing ad Frost's voice exploded in he head.

Argh... Power dampeners make me feel hungover

Allison chuckled to herself, the sound being drowned out by the surrounding voices and sounds. "Well, you're back, that's all that matters."

Gamora tilted her head at the Ice Demon, eyebrows furrowing together. "Who are you talking to?"

Oh? Are we friends with the assassin now? Sick!

Allison ignored Frost and Gamora, focusing back on Rocket, who took the opportunity to begin explaining his extraordinary plan. "Now with Allison's powers free, we need to get into that watchtower if we wanna get outta here and to do that, I'm gonna need a few things," Rocket stated to his new partners, clasping his hands together 'professionally'. "The guards wear security bands to control their ins and outs. I need one."

"Leave it to me," Gamora offered before Rocket continued. "That dude there, I need his prosthetic leg."

"His leg?" Peter repeated in disbelief, following Rocket's gaze.

Wanting to play along, Allison nodded quickly along with Rocket's quiet 'yeah'. "God knows I don't need the rest of him. Look at him, he's useless." Rocket smirked up at Allison who snickered to herself.