FOURTEEN

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
"Peter, as much as I find this genuinely sweet..."

      AS THE PAIR ROLLED INTO the oxygen filled Ravagers ship, Peter gasped for air gratefully, but his attention was on the girl

      AS THE PAIR ROLLED INTO the oxygen filled Ravagers ship, Peter gasped for air gratefully, but his attention was on the girl. He instantly lifted his head, still inhaling an abundance of fresh air as he rested his hands on either side of Allison's face, looking for any sign of life in her pale face. He barely worried about himself at this point, waiting anxiously for a response from Allison.

Suddenly, she coughed loudly. Her lips parted as she sucked in the fresh oxygen, relieved to be alive and glad because if she was there, that meant Frost was alive too. Rocket's right, they can't live without the other. Peter sighed with relief, resting one of his hands on Allison's pale cheek, his body relaxing and his other arm dropping to his forearm as he leant on it. He wasn't bothered by how close he was to Allison, their chests pushed together with their faces inches apart and legs tangled together. She didn't seem bothered either.

"Peter..." she practically whispered as her eyes squinted open. One of her hands lifted, curling around his shoulder with her fingers twitching, her other arm rested limply beside her hand, hand curling above her head. Her body felt numb, sense of feel unrecognisable. "What-what happened?" Allison continued to breathe heavily, eyes roaming around the room as she continued to inhale and exhale rapidly, refilling her lungs and giving both sides of her enough air to survive.

He... He saved us... When you get a chance... Thank him for me, please?

"You saved... Us?" Allison asked, her voice horse as her eyes met his again. Across his shoulder blade, her fingers twitched drumming across his should as her sense of feel coming back and the numbness fading.

"I saw you out there... I don't know what came over me. But I couldn't let you die," Peter explains to the Ice Demon breathlessly, his eyes never moving from her own. "I found something inside of myself. Something... Incredibly heroic-" Allison fought the urge to roll her eyes. "I mean, not to brag, but objectively-"

Allison's deep sigh cuts him off. "Peter, as much as I find this genuinely sweet, and I appreciate you saving Frost and I, we both really do, I have one question for you," she spoke quickly, moving one of her freezing hands to shove Peter's hand away from her face. "Where's the Orb?" Frost scoffed in her head. "Oh so you're back to being rude?" Peter gave her an odd look before quickly speaking.

"N-no, I'm not trying to be rude, it's just... Uh, you see... Well, they got the Orb-"

Allison's eyes widened as both her and Frost said the same response. "What!" Her voice came out sharper and more angrier then it should have due to the fact it had been both their voice. If Nebula got the Orb, that meant Ronan would have it by now, which also meant the universe was in terrible danger.

We should've freezed him when we had the chance! Now, after that near death experience, our powers will be dormant for a few hours!

Suddenly, the doors beside them slid open, startling both of them. Allison gently pushed at Peter's chest trying to get him to move but he was frozen in place, staring up at the army of Ravagers that glared at the pair, guns raised and prepared to shoot.