Chapter 11

Everyone just looks. Alex shuts the freezer. He just places it close. They don't even want to deal with it. They wait to Lear gets there. They don't even want to tell him. They just want him to get rest.

"This is fucked up" Kian says. Everyone looks at him. They had been standing in silence since the freezer had been opened. "We're just sitting here not knowing what's next. We're terrified of someone we don't even know. They control our lives right now. For all we could know they could be watching us. Depending on what that note says we could be in serious danger and we can do nothing. How did they even get in here. It's like we're in a horror film."

"You're not making it any better." Alex says

"I'm stating the obvious. We at least need some honesty." Kian says. Aaron gets up. Everyone watches as he walks over to the freezer. He opens it. As if the smell and the sight of a dead pig doesn't faze him, he moves it and reads the note.

We see you got the police involved, or pigs as one may say. Just a fair warning that we're even more tempted to hurt you know. Oink Oink.

  He reads the note. Everyone looks terrified but him. He places the notes down. It's wet from whatever is in that pig.

"They think this is like some type of sick game. Like we're in the movie Scream. We can't do anything right now. Just sit and be targets. We have to outsmart them. Until then stay low and quiet. Always be with someone." He says it calmly but really isn't. He just as scared as everyone else but his poker face has been worked on for years. Everyone looks at him. His sense of calmness makes them a tad bit more calm. That's why he stays calm. Just as he finishes saying this Lear walks through the door.

"Wow. I didn't expect that all of you guys to be here. What's wrong? You look like you've seen a ghost." Lear says

"We kind of did" Roni says. Aaron points to the freezer. Lear opens it and hops back. He rubs his temples. You can see the distress in his eyes.

"Did this on come with a note?" He asks. Aaron hands him the soggy index card. He scans over it with his eyes. He puts it back down on the table. Sherry instructs him to get some rest. She offers to spend the night with him and Alex and Lauren. She tells Kian and Aaron to go with the twins and Mariah to go with Luke. It's leaves her house empty but there's no one there to get hurt. Their sleeping arrangements and schedule may be destroyed but it's that or face whatever the people who are doing this's wrath.

No one gets sleep that night. Like Kian said, they have complete control over their life. It's driving them crazy. They eat, sleep, think, and hell they even breathe under their control. No matter what they do they will always be thinking who's watching them. You could only imagine how nerve wrecking that would be but luckily no one was watching them that moment. No one was ever watching them. They just happened to pick up tips.

The next day at school no one picks up anything. They learn nothing and could not tell you what was even for homework. Their mind was on what they would receive that day, if they got anything. You never know what they will send, that's the scariest part. It's unpredictable and weird. There haven't been specifics so far but the teens don't know that.

  The teens meet up with each their after school at Lear's house. The pig is long gone but the stench still lingers. Everyone sits around just like yesterday. The highly anticipate the unfavorable present that they will receive today. It's taking a long time to get here though. They sit around and suffer. They don't think it's coming at that makes it better. The last times that they got gifts they happened two days in a row and then stopped. Maybe they will get lucky and it will happen again. Maybe they can have a little break or a sigh of relief.

"Maybe it's at someone else's house." Alex says.

"You could be right." Nessa says

"I hate this. It's scary." Lauren remarks.

"Everyone relax. Aaron and I will just head over to Sherry house and see if it's there. If not, we'll keep checking ever place until we find it, if there's even anything there. Maybe there won't be anything for us to find." Lear says

"No. We can't split up, at least until later. That's what they want. All of us will go. It's safest." Aaron says. Usually when he calls the shots everyone goes. That doesn't change. They all pack into cars and head to Sherry's. When they get there it's nothing strange. Everyone takes a sigh of relief.

"Wait. Before we go check our house or Luke's, we need to think this through. I'm sure that Ms. Troung would have let us know if there was anything there. I don't think there will be anything at our house judging by the fact that Nessa and I were there before we met up so that leaves one place." Roni announces. Everyone looks confused of what place she could be talking about. It clicks in Aaron and Kian's mind. Aaron digs in his pocket for his keys. He always keeps the key on the ring. He finds it and walks out the door Kian and Roni follow and causes the rest to follow behind.

  Aaron gets to the club door. This is what Roni was talking about. He unlocks the door. Before he can open it Lear puts his hand on his shoulder and moves him to the side. Lear opens the door instead but with his gun drawn. It was quiet beyond the door  but when Aaron switches on the lights it's a blood bath.