Chapter 18

Aaron can't wait to get to school the next morning to hear what happened with Kian and Nessa. He's not normal the person to be nosy but he will be today. Lear let them drive to school. They paid for parking but it's kind of in the back. Aaron doesn't mind the walk but he knows Alex will. That gives him less time to come in just before school opens. If he was in the front he could leave the house in five minutes from school starting and still not be late. Being in the back means more time to walk, which means the earlier he has to be at school.

Aaron takes the old car. He doesn't feel like Alex and his shit today. He'll just take the car. Besides it's not that bad. He's just glad that he has a car. He's excited about school because basketball is starting back up. The varsity team is serious so they start practicing like two months ahead of time. There has been talk of scouts coming to the school. He would love to be scouted out, so he's back on his grind. Alex is trying out for varsity football next week. This week is just grind week for them. They will be working out and killing it so that they'll be ready.

  Roni decides that she's really going to get her head in the game this week and start this project. She has had designs running ramped in her brain and hasn't had time to get them out so this is the week to do it. She sure it will take her longer but it's better to start now. She's not really sure what Nessa's plans for college is. She's always been interested in the fashion but not as much as Roni. Maybe Nessa has a plan but Roni doesn't know. Either way Roni has to get this work done so she can focus on her project when she's home.

Lauren has no plans to go to college. College has never been really a thing for her. School in general has never interested her. She's more into being interior designer. She's thinking about getting her real estate license so that she can get houses, flip them, and sell them. She knows she can make money doing that and it's something that she wants do. Right now she's just focused on finishing high school.

Alex still hasn't thought much of college. UCLA football is really calling his name. Parties and football. What could be better? He knows that it's pretty hard to get in. Your grades have to be pretty good. His are not looking the greatest right now. He's not going to stress it. Everything has been going well so far, he's not going to stress and make it worst.

The whole week the teens work and work to get to their goals. Roni has hundreds of ideas that she drawn. The hard part isn't that. The hard part is the fact that she has to choose one. Aaron spends everyday working out and at basketball practice. Everyone seems to be worried about his health but him. He makes sure that he gets on his breathing machine, asthma pump, and drinks plenty of water a fluids so that Roni and Sherry don't kill him. He'll be dead from them getting on him about his health quicker than his health killing him. Alex stays late at the football field and does nothing else but that. He barely squeezes any amount of homework in but he makes sure to get out to the field. Lauren decides that she going to juggle two schools at once. The quicker she gets her license, the quicker that she can be doing what she loves. Kian and Nessa have been sort of distant. Don't get me wrong, the others have been working but they haven't gone totally MIA. Kian and Nessa have. After that night that they got drunk they started drifting. It's because they haven't been able to completely cope with things. Kian went from being and only child to a big, little, and middle brother almost instantly. He also found justice this whole situation with his parents. Nessa just feels as though everything has been happening to fast. Seeing Roni doing her thing and getting to her goals has been hard because she hasn't had anyone to talk to but Kian. Kian hasn't helped much because they are in the same boat of struggling. They got drunk to forget about it but that clearly didn't work. They've tried other things to. Late nights sneaking to each other's houses hasn't helped. They just end up doing things and drinking so in the morning they don't remember. They've reached the sunken place. This must have been how Aaron and Roni felt but they didn't cope with it this way. This is impacting them. This is a bad place to be in, especially in senior year. They need a wake up call and fast.

As Friday approaches and the 11:59 due date closes on all assignments, the gang decides to take a break. Just for the weekend. Roni and Lauren are proud of Aaron and Alex for knowing when to stop. They usually don't. They decide that they are going to see what Kian and Nessa are up to. Maybe they just got lost in doing their thing that they forgot about the rest of the group. Alex and Lauren says they'll meet up with them later because they have a date with Lauren's parents. Aaron and Roni are now left to find Kian and Nessa. They decide that they will drag them out on a double date. Roni is helping Nessa find and outfit.

"I could've sworn these fitted good the last time that I wore them" Nessa says while trying to button up a pair of pants.

"Maybe you're gaining a little weight, you know that healthy relationship weight. Nothings wrong with that." Roni says

"No this is strange. I usually get bloated around the time of my period but that was supposed to come weeks a-." She stops herself mid sentence.

"Nessa please don't tell me you think you're-." Roni gasps. Nessa shakes her head and stops in her tracks.