Chapter 15

The next day Aaron is still cooped up in the hospital. He's ready to leave but they want to keep him for one more day just to make sure. You can never be too safe. He doesn't like it but he can't argue with doctors so he just sits there. He gets all the homework and work done that he missed. He's sure he missed the delivery made last night but no one has told him anything. It doesn't seem as though they're dancing around the topic either. Maybe they didn't get a delivery. Maybe they did and he's not the only one who doesn't know. Either way he has to wait until tomorrow to find out because he's stuck in this bed until then.

  Kian looks at his phone. It's 10. That's way past the time that he supposed to be at school. He wakes up Nessa who is sleeping beside him. He's not supposed to be here. Sherry set some ground rules before about staying at any of his girlfriends houses. She said it was a no go. She didn't want any grand babies. Now with everything that has happened that rule has been thrown out the window. He still wasn't supposed to be here because there was no reason to stay over. He lied and said that the twins were having a tough night. His mom still thinks that he sleeps on the couch when he stays but that has proven not to be true because here he is laying next to Nessa. Their clothes from yesterday are slung somewhere across the room.

"Omg look at the time!" Nessa says after she wakes up. She has no time to get ready as she usually does. She twirls her hair up into a messy bun and brushes her teeth. She slips on the first outfit that she can find. It luckily matches. She'll have do her makeup in the car if she even has time. She runs out the door totally forgetting to see if Roni was awake. Kian starts up the car and drives them to school. Nessa scrambled to put on whatever she can while she's riding. They make it to the school and Kian makes up some excuse about it having to deal with Aaron being in the hospital. They both get a tardy pass and go to class.

  Roni runs into Nessa after the bell rings. She's surprised that she made to school in this amount of time. Nessa pulls her to the side.

"Roni! Why didn't you wake us up?!" She asks

"I tried. I knocked on the the door five times. No answer. I called your names but no one heard. I didn't want to open the door because I didn't know if either one of you were decent. It was nothing else I could do. You guys are heavy sleepers." She shrugs.

"Fine. Next time just open the door and cover your eyes or something." Nessa complains. "I would do that for you and Aaron."

"The difference is that Aaron and I get up on time to avoid getting in trouble. Speaking of trouble, how much are you and Kian in? Did they call Sherry?" Roni ask

"No. We got out of it. It was a close call though. We just wanted to spend some time together. Everything was so calm last night. No deliveries. Nothing scary happened, it felt so good."

"Yeah there was no delivery. That's was nice." Roni says. There was a delivery, they just didn't know. They walk to their next classes and say that they'll meet each other after school when Aaron gets out of the hospital.

  Sherry heads to the hospital to get everything done so that Aaron can be discharged by the time that school ends. She had to fill out all of his paperwork and they go through the rundown of his medications and now that he had experienced dehydration, his precautions that he has to take. He thinks that it's overboard. He already had to do all this extra stuff just to breath no add on top of that this whole extra water and stuff. It's not like he doesn't get the required amount of water he needs a day but they just want to make sure that next time something like this happens he will not get this sick. He sighs.

"You ready to go kiddo?" She asks him

"As ready as I'll ever be." He says. They bandage up where the IV bag was and let him leave.

"Freedom!" He shouts when get in the parking lot. Sherry shakes her head and laughs.

"Everyone should be home from school by now. Lear is taking off work so we can go get dinner. What do you think about that!" She says while looking at her watch.

"Sound amazing because I haven't eaten in three days." He says. He stomach was begging for food. He just hopes he can get it down this time.

"Alrighty then. Let's get you home"

  Back home everyone waits for Lear so they can go get some dinner.  As Lear is about to come in he sees the mail truck. He picks up the package and hides it out of sight from everyone else. He received the package yesterday. At the police station. It was a pair of lips. Fake ones of course but they looked real. On the chin it was a streak of red lipstick. Just like when Gina was arrested. He looks at the package that was just delivered today and decides that he's already made the best decision. He hides it. It's all so peaceful right now and he would hate to disturb that. There's no need to. He'll take it back to his station later and investigate it. Right now he thinks it gets to keep everything at a calm stand still. He'll carry the burden of the secret and terror. It's better that way.