Chapter 49

The next couple of days, Aaron's on a high. College really put some pep in his step. That's what he's been looking forward to. After spring break, graduation is right around the corner. He's had some thoughts on graduation. He and Roni are going to have to have a long distance relationship. He has no doubt that their going to be able to handle it, but it is a tough situation. He'll visit her all the time and she promised to come to as many games as possible, but it's not the same as living in the same area. He also thought about how she makes him feel. That look and her excitement that she gave him after he got accepted made him want to marry her. It seems a little to early for that though. They've only been together for maybe a year and a half. A promise ring will suffice for now. He wants to take time with her for spring break and give her the ring around graduation. He wants to make it as special as she is to him.

Kian and Nessa are glad that college is so close to each other. They can always be there for each other. Though they have a pretty stable relationship, they don't know if they could handle the whole long distance thing. They need to find more about each other and spend more time together before they're ready for that. They have no doubt that Roni and Aaron could handle it. They're proud of their siblings and couldn't wish more success upon them.

Alex has been avoiding Niyah. He can't do this for long because the scrimmage is three weeks away. He is heavily disappointed in himself for what happened with Lauren. That's never what he wanted to happen. He can't believe he did that and telling Niyah that will break her. He can't do that. When he sees her in the office dropping off papers for the scrimmage he ducks. He watches as she leaves to go back to her school. He forgot that she was going to be here today.

"What are you doing? Aaron asks. Alex looks crazy ducked down in the hallway.

"Uh nothing." Alex shakes it off.

"You're going to tell me when we get home." Aaron says. He's going to give Alex space but when there's something wrong, he wants to help. Alex sighs. He can't keep doing this.

I'm going to take you back to some characters that we haven't heard from in awhile. Grayson and Ethan Dolan. Top football players and Alex's used to be best friends. They haven't spoken to Alex in awhile. Last they heard was he was gone to rehab. They saw him in the hallways but didn't speak. They felt bad distancing themselves from him but that friendship is long gone and there not much they can do about it. He poses no threat to them. At least that's what they think.

The last school bell rings and Alex drives home. Aaron is not to far behind him. But he stops to get smoothies. He gets Alex a protein one. It's not like he doesn't notice Alex going to workout. It's pretty obvious, but he doesn't know why Alex is working out.

"Spill it." Aaron gives Alex his smoothie.

"Fine. You know that girl that you talked to at the banquet?"

"Yeah?"

"I ran into her at school. We made small talk and she told me about my stats. I still have chance. We talked about it and she's really trying to get into college and move on to working in the NFL. She offered to help train me when no one else would. We started training together. She's amazing at what she does. We've talked outside of training and we really like each other. We even kissed, but I couldn't go through with anything else. I really like her and I felt like she deserves the best me. I went and talked to Lauren to end things off just so that I was burden free, but we had sex. I felt awful about it. I really did. There were no strings attached and it just happens but now I have to tell her." Aaron's eyes widen after all of that.

"That's a lot to unpack. First off, what's the girls name?"

"Niyah. Niyah Williams."

"Does Niyah know about Lauren."

"Not yet."

"That would be a great start. Besides what are you trying for?"

"The scrimmage. I'm trying to get into college." This is the first time he's told Aaron this.

"Oh. This Niyah girl really seems to mean a lot to you."

"She does. She's different. She's smart and she cares. She matches my energy and instead of just going with what I say, she pushes me. She's only known me for a small amount of time, but she knows me. She knew that something was wrong these past couple of days. I don't want to be dramatic, but I think that she's the one."

"Really, Alex that's a big thing to say. I mean I just realized that and I've been in a relationship for almost a year and a half."

"I know, I know but I promise you I have a clear head and this is what I want."

"It sounds like you have your mind made up. I know I can't change your mind so go out there and fix it. I know you can." Aaron reassures him. Alex nods. He thinks about where Niyah would be right now. He knows exactly where that is. He grabs his keys and goes. Aaron's proud. Alex isn't doing something mischievous, this time he's facing his problems. He may have made a small mistake along the way, but he's fixing it. That's all that matters. Aaron knows that with this mentality, Alex's is going to be in the top ten of the scrimmage. He's going to make it on a college team. Alex is going to go far with this mentality. Alex changed and it's really showing.