Chapter 12

We left off anxious to see what was behind that door but I can't tell you what's behind that door, I have some other people that I would like you to hear from. Let's start of the lesser of the two evils, Gina.

  Gina had been moved into a prison near the small town where everything took place. She had no bail money despite what she stole from the Burriss's. She has family and friends but they couldn't afford to bail her out either. She's shit out of luck. Don't get me wrong, she's really upset that she did these things to those kids and she dealing with her consequences, but it's a hard place to be in. Throughout the week she asks the guards if the kids are doing ok. Of course they give her little info because they think that she is trying to kiss up to get a lesser sentence, but she's genuinely means it. She hasn't had the best time in prison. People give her a hard time because the crime that she committed was against children. That's why it surprised her that when someone came up to her.

  Wendy, who is at the same prison is struggling. Word gets around quick that you killed your husband, almost had your kids and  their boyfriends and family killed, and costed hundreds of people their lives. Weird. She was also affiliated with a gang. Normally gang members will ride for each other but she wasn't in the gang. In fact she caused them more damage then good. She's having the hardest time knowing that she has to sit with what she did and the victims of her crimes are out there. See here victims never had any special meaning to her until Paul. She felt no type of way by causing them harm because she didn't think of them as people. She thought of them as things getting in the way of business. Now to have to go to court is going to be difficult because she's going to see her victims families. When she heard that Veronica's boyfriend's parents were killed in the fire it made her sick to her stomach. She had hurt her kids in more the one way. She couldn't imagine how it felt for him to know that the person that he loves, own mother killed his parents. She put him in a horrible situation. Her heart aches for them. Believe it or not, she has a heart.

  Aaron flickers the lights on. It was a bloodbath. This scene makes the head look like some cheesy horror gag. He takes his hand and pushes Roni and Mariah behind him. He knows that he can't take his eyes off of the scene and that means that no one else will either. He does his best to hide it from them. He feels like he's going to throw up. He can hear gagging from behind him. The smell and the sight doesn't make you feel to good. He can feel his breathing getting heavy and the panic starting to set in. He can't look anymore or he's going to pass out. He closes the door and backs up. Lear is behind him still holding on to his shoulder. He puts his hand on his other shoulder and braces him. He doesn't really know what to say or do. This is the first time he seen Aaron like this. Aaron has never been like this in front of anyone. Not even himself. Nothing has ever been to much for him to handle. No one knows what to do.

  The bloodbath inside of the club is coming from what is sitting on the counter. A dummy. Wearing a child sized shirt. It has a bullet wound right we're the heart would be. Blood was every where. Just a pool of red. It stained the green shirt that the dummy was wearing. The amount of blood was like what was in the ware house that night. The blood was obviously not real but the stench of it was. It smelled exactly like that night. The smell of blood is something that you will never forget. It has a smell that will stick with you forever. Kian opens the door again. The smell hits again.

"This can't be real right?" He says pointing to the blood. Aaron shudders. Lear can feel it.

"Why does it smell so real?" Alex asks.

"It has to have come from some type of animal. It's too real." Roni says. She's turned away. She's trying to keep calm and that's the only way she can be calm. She doesn't even know what to say to Aaron. She leaves him be. She can't make this worse.

  Aaron is still facing the door. It's wide open and in his head he's begging for it to be closed but nothing comes out of his mouth. While everyone is not looking Lear slips him away. Aaron throws up. He hasn't done that in forever. He keeps going until he's sure there is no food in his stomach. He feels a tear fall down his cheek and they all start rolling down his face. Hot tears burn as they roll. He hates crying. Lear, who's only like three inches taller than him hugs him. Aaron takes a minute but he hugs back. It's so unlike him. That scene made him act out of character. He has never felt like this. He didn't let it all out before and now the trauma is all coming back. Scenes keep playing over and over and he feels helpless like he did when he was in the coma. He feels strangely comforted by Lear's hug. He hasn't felt this in awhile. A parents hug is different from anyone else's. This really felt like his dad's hug. His real dad's hug. Not biologically but emotionally. No matter how hard he tried to stay strong and no matter how tall and old he is, that hug will always make him feel small. That's what he needed in that moment. He needed a moment to feel small. He need a break from being strong.

The Return On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara