Chapter 43

The next couple of days at school are amazing. The whole school is excited about the big win. Aaron's processing it all. He's gotten two more college offers from smaller colleges. He still hasn't got the one he wants. He's not going to worry yet because it's only been a couple of days.

Roni has shipped her dress off last week. She's keeping her fingers crossed that she gets in. Only one hundred dresses get chosen. There's over five thousand people that try to get in every year. Her chances are slim but she hopes that she gets in. She put her heart into that dress, she just hopes that it pzlays off.

  Kian has gotten two offers from colleges for basketball. As glad as he is, that's not what he wants. He wants to get in for art. He's displayed it and all he can do is hope. If he has to go to school door basketball, he will. His heart is with set and that's what he wants to stick with.

  Nessa is excited for her applications to come in. She's never been excited for college but know it's becoming real. She enjoys the idea of college now and sees that everyone else does too.

  Alex has had a lot to deal with. This whole college thing weighs heavy on his mind. He's sure that it's going to be tough with bad grades, no more football, and previous drug addiction. No college likes that combination. He might have to face the fact that he's not able to go to college. He wasn't really into the whole college thing before. It was all so that he could go for football, but now he needs college to get through life. As he's thinking about this, he heads to the office get his patch that he uses to combat cravings of steroids. There's a girl sitting in a chair in the front. She's gorgeous and catches his attention, but he's focused on himself. Just as he's about to leave, he's stopped by her.

"Are you Alexander Burriss?"

"Uh, yes." He's a a little confused.

"I'm Niyah Williams. I work with as a an intern. I know this sounds weird, but I just recognized your face from sports tapes. Your brother and I were just talking about you."

"Oh, not weird at all. Nice to meet you. This may sound weird but you look fairly young, are you in high school?"

"I am." Just as she says this, the bell rings. " I don't want to hold you before class. I'll be here through the week. I hope to see you again."

"Same to you." Alex says and smiles. He's going to be thinking about that all class.

The school day ends and Aaron drives home. Alex is in the passenger seat. He's flipping through the radio.

"Do you know about a girl named Niyah Williams" Alex asks out if the blue.

"The name rings a bell. Why?"

"She noticed me to day and was talking about my sports game."

"Ohhhhh, her." Aaron has never considered her name. He hadn't thought much about her outside of the game. "I think you should talk to her. She said some pretty interesting stuff about your skills and you could be considered for college. They still have that scrimmage coming up."

"Really? I never really thought I would be able to get back out there. I'll give it a go." Alex shrugs. Aaron pulls up in the driveway. He goes about his routine that he's been doing since college has been sending out acceptance letters. He always checks the mailbox. In there are two letters. Ones from Florida and ones from the court. He sighs. Maybe tomorrow he'll get at least one of the two that he wants. He opens the Florida one when he gets inside. He was accepted.

"Florida! That's great." Alex says. Aaron nods his head yes. Lear comes downstairs and makes both of the boys jump.

"You could have given us a warning."

"Why are you home?"

"Well hello to you too." Lear says sarcastically.

"Sorry, you just scared us." Aaron says. He opens up his next envelope. He's scanning through it.

"Another acceptance letter?" Lear asks.

"He just got into Florida." Alex adds.

"Congrats!"

"This ones different. It's the court date and it says next week." Aaron looks up from the letters. Alex's eyes widen.

Kian runs to the mailbox from his car. Two letters are in there but he's only worried about one. It has his dream college's name on it. He tears it open right there and looks. A big smile forms on his face and he yells. Sherry comes outside worried.

"What's wrong?!"

"I got in!!!!!!" He runs and hugs her. She couldn't be more happy. She looks at the letter and smiles. He immediately calls Nessa.

Roni is looking for any letters when she comes across one from the court. She opens it up and sees the court date. It's the last thing that anyone needs on their plate right now but it has to get over with and done. She's more upset about not having her letter in the mail. Nessa got hers though. She's got into UCLA. Roni is excited for her because that what she deserves. She's happy for Kian also. It's always nice to see someone take a horrible situation and make it a good one.

Alex spends the rest of his night after homework looking through records of the lowest possible ability to get into college. He'll take anywhere at this point. Hopefully talking to this Niyah girl tomorrow will help him out because football has always been his passion and that's one of the things that he's not going to let an addiction take from him. It's taken enough already and he needs this to move on with his life. He's going to move on no matter what and he's determined to get into college. That scrimmage is just two months away and he will be in the the top ten.