Chapter 32

As the next day comes and goes, Alex gets more and more nervous. The time ticks by faster than usual. He may have seemed mad on Tuesday but the truth is, he's scared. He knows Aaron will tell. He could hear it in the tone of his voice. Alex knows that he's not doing it to be petty. He's doing it because he's being Aaron. Concerned about others more than himself. He can't imagine what it feels like to watch your brother that you took care of for years throw his life away. Alex knows that if he talks about it to his parents, he's going to tell it all. The emotions are going to come out. He prays that he comes to decision by the need of the day.

  Lauren has no intentions of ratting Alex out. She just can't bare to do it. She couldn't ruin his life like that. She would feel guilty. She had no idea about his drug abuse though. Maybe if she know about that she would tell. All she wants is the best for him, no matter how bad she has to suffer.

  It's Mariah's day at school. She really hasn't had her mind on her brother's drama. She's focused on being a mom and getting good grades. There's been a lot of nay-sayers with being a teen mom and all. She's going to prove them wrong. Another thing that hasn't crossed her mind is Tyler. She hasn't thought of him since she stormed out of his house. He hasn't approached her since then. She's glad though. Malaya's getting closer and closer to being a year old. Seeing her grow up and be in a happy family with her and Luke makes her happy. She's going to give Malaya what she never had.

Alex looks at the clock. It's 12. School's out in less than two hours. "Fuck" he thinks to himself. He knows he's going to have to say something. His last resort is Aaron. He doesn't want Aaron to tell them. That'll make him feel like even more of a disappointment. There's nothing else left for him to do but just come forward. That's what he was afraid of. He sighs. He's just going to have to hype himself up to do it when he gets home.

Aaron walks around like nothing ever happened two days ago. He hopes that Alex cracks because he really doesn't feel like doing this. It would break his heart to do that to Alex. He tries to keep it of his mind, but he checks his phone and school is almost over. He takes his books out for next period. "Alex please fix this. Just this once." He thinks to himself.

Kian and Nessa have been following the rules of not being together without an adult. The last thing that they want is another scare. They do need bonding experiences though, so Kian is going to take Nessa out for some smoothies after school. Just something to show his chivalry.

Alex gets home after school. He doesn't have practice but today. Great. That's the only thing that he had as an escape. He sitting in his room bored. He had no phone, so he does homework and watches TV in his room. His boredom gets the best of him. He mind starts to roam. He thinks about what he's going to say to his parents. Around this time is when he injects himself with the steroids. He gets an urge. He knows he fiends for it because he's become dependent on it. He shakes his head. He can't do it. He thinks about it. Giving it up starts now. It can't hurt to get one more hit.

⚠️ SUBSTANCE ABUSE WARNING⚠️

He finds a shoelace and wraps his arm tight. His veins start to bulge. He takes his syringe to the valve. He gets a little bit more than his usual amount. He takes two fingers and taps his vein to wake it up. He slides the needle under his skin and pushes the liquid in. He lays his head back and gets ready for the rush.

Aaron comes home and goes to check on Alex. He stopped by Sherry's first to watch Malaya for thirty minutes while Sherry and Mariah went to the store. He comes upstairs and calls Alex's name. No reply. He knocks on his door. Not again. He opens it and there's Alex laying there. Aaron runs to him.

"Alex. ALEX!" He shakes him. He didn't know testosterone could do this. He hurries and gets water. He lifts the cup up to Alex's lips and lets the water go down his throat. Alex shakes awake. Aaron takes a deep breath.

"How long was I out?" Alex asks after he catches his breath.

"I don't know, I just came in and saw you."Aaron says.

"It's never done this before. It must be laced or something." Alex says while looking at the almost empty container.

"Did you get it for cheap?" Aaron asks.

"Yep."

"That's why."

"I just wanted one more hit. One more rush and that's it. I thought I would be fine." Alex says.

"It's clearly time to stop." Aaron takes the liquid. Alex snatched it back.

"I'm going to tell them. I'll stay down here with you so you know I'm not using it. I just want it to be on me, ok?" Alex pleads. Aaron nods. He turns the TV on but he couldn't tell you what's going on up there. He's just thinking about how he was so close to losing another brother. They sit in silence for a long period of time. Lear comes in at his usual time. It's late and he's wondering why his kids are still up and not getting ready for bed. Alex digs in his pocket and caresses the bottle with his finger. He looks down at it and back up at his dad and Aaron. Aaron nods. Its time to end this, once and for all.