Chapter 35

Two months have passed since Alex's confession. He has been in rehab. It's just in the town over. Everyone visit him at least three times a week. He's grateful for that. He's been getting better and can leave in two more weeks. That's perfect because that's Aaron's first game. This also means that he might be able to get things for college. He's missed a lot and he would hate to miss anything else. He's honestly just ready to leave and go back to his everyday life.

Aaron has been practicing. His captain spot still remains on the team. Kian was struggling to decide if he was going to be on the team this year. He decide that he's going to go out with a bang. Aaron has to prove his spot on the team, or it's gone. He just focuses on on himself during practice. Surprisingly, no one on the team is mad that he still has his spot without having to try out for it. They think he deserves it. That's a relief. Another relief is that Alex is coming home soon. He's missed his brother. It feels good to know that Alex can come home problem free. He's so glad that Lauren's parents decided not to press charges. Lauren said that she couldn't handle another trail on top of the ones that she had to go to. That's coming around the corner too. Aaron is not excited about that. To keep his spirits high, he keeps the trials out of his mind.

Sherry is excited that her son is finally coming home. She's not excited about more wedding planning. Just the thought of a wedding makes her nervous. Her first one went great but everything went downhill after that. She knows that that won't happen with Lear, but it still makes her nervous. It's also not helping that Lear has been wrapped up in work all the time. He finally found a small connect in prison, now he doesn't want to stop. They can't have a trial while the case is still open. She sighs and opens up her notebook to look at sampling's of colors that Mariah found for her.

Luke takes his eight month old daughter out of the crib from her nap. She's lively and ready for the rest of her day. When Mariah gets off of school, he's going to head off to workout. He sits Malaya on the sink while changes his shirt.

"Luke, I'm coming upstairs." Mariah announces from downstairs.

"I'm in the bathroom."

"Hey Lay-Lay." Mariah coos at Malaya. She turns around and gives Luke a kiss.

"How was your day?" Luke asks.

"Good, and yours?"

"Fine. Malaya has been standing a lot today. She keeps trying to walk."

"Really? Let's have our phones ready just in case she does." They go on about their day. Just as Luke is about to leave Mariah notices Malaya lifting her foot up.

"Luke! Baby, come here!" She yells.

"Mariah, I just left....SHES WALKING!" They scramble for their phones and record her taking her first steps. She takes three good steps towards Luke and then falls into his arms. They both cheer. He swoops her up while she's smiling and laughing.

"Let's go show grandma!" Mariah says.

Roni sits at home. She's dying pieces of fabric to see onto her dress. She has to get the right color for one certain part. This is due in a little les than two months, so she needs hurry up and finish. Her college career rides on this. The earlier that she submits it, the earlier that she gets a response back. She takes a quick break and washes her hands to get as much of the eye of as she can. She goes downstairs to grab a snack and sees Kian on the couch.

"Hey friend that looks exactly my girlfriend." Kian jokes.

"Hey friend that is my twins boyfriend. What are you doing here? I thought you had practice."

"Yeah we did, but it's over now. Aaron told me to tell you that he's going to visit Alex and he'll be right back."

"Oh ok." Roni says. She grabs her snack and goes upstairs. She hopes that Aaron doesn't work himself to death over this Alex situation.

  Aaron makes his way to the next town. He brought Alex some in-and-out. He sits at the table and waits for Alex to make his way out.

"Yo, don't you think it's a little late for you to be visiting me?" Alex teases.

"Fine, I'll take food with me when I leave."

"I didn't say do all that." Alex takes the bag. The food they serve in rehab sucks. It's like cafeteria food. Cafeteria food is I've thing Alex doesn't miss. Alex and Aaron talk for a little bit. He has to reassure Aaron that he doesn't need to come everyday. He tells him that he doesn't want visitors for the next two weeks. He wants to make his homecoming special so he's going to isolate himself for 2 weeks. Aaron obliges are leaves him be for the next two weeks.

Nessa goes through some forms on the internet for some different colleges. She guesses that it's a good time to start filling out applications. She knows that there's no way that she's going to make it into the school that Roni's applying for, so she doesn't even attempt. She doesn't even want to think about being separated from her twin but that's what it's coming to. She shoots for something in California so she's closer to Kian. Wherever she ends up is ok with her because she's just will be glad that she's made it to college. She spent so much of her life being a mean girl that she's happy things are turning around for her. Kian comes and sits beside her and helps her through her applications. He's glad she's finally in the mood to talk about college. He's also glad that the rule has been lifted because now he can spend quality time with her.