Chapter 26

Alex runs out of the locker room. He starts to go after Lauren but decides that he's done enough. He has to give her some space. He can't stay at school though. He can't believe what he just did. It was almost like his hand just raised by itself. It happened so fast that he didn't process it until after it happened. He wouldn't have done it if he could process it. This is in no way to take the blames off of what he did. He knows it's wrong. As he sits in his car in the parking lot at school, he places his head on the steering wheel. He starts to thump it against the wheel. He drives mindlessly home not really aware of where he's going or went. He honestly doesn't care if he gets caught. Aaron is going to be so mad that he stole his keys from his locker. Nothing can beat how mad he is at himself after what he just did to Lauren.

  Roni, Aaron, Kian, and Nessa walk out when the bell rings. They're all smiles now that Kian and Nessa are now back together. Aaron opens his locker. He is normally a little organized so it surprises him when he can't find his keys. He pats his pockets down and can't find anything. He takes his book bag off of his shoulder and starts to search.

"What did you lose now Aaron?" Nessa playfully says.

"My keys. They're normally in my locker but I can't seem to find them anywhere."

"I hope they didn't fall out anywhere because then they're as good as gone." Nessa says while joining the search.

"How did you misplace keys?" Roni ask.

"Maybe you left them in the car. I do that all the time. I'll go check." Kian says. He walks through the sea of people to the parking lot. He scans through the cars with his eyes. The car is no where in sight.

"Uhhh Aaron, your car is not even out there." He comes back in and announces.

"Huh?" Aaron looks up. He thinks about what could've happen. It crosses his mind that Alex isn't here and neither is Lauren. He thought they may have left together but now looking at it they must have left separately

"How can a whole car just disappear?" Roni asks.

"It didn't. Alex probably has it. He knows my locker code because Lear told us in case of emergencies to know where the other keeps their keys."

"He could've just went with Lauren since they both aren't here. That was a stupid idea to take your only form of transportation. Why would he do that?" Kian asks.

"You never know with him." Aaron shrugs. Roni offers him a ride home. She drops him off because she figures that he has things to deal with the whole Alex stranding him at school thing. Plus Lear isn't there and she doesn't want Aaron to get in any trouble. Aaron thanks her for the ride a deals with the situation at hand. He walks upstairs and knocks on Alex's door. No answer. He can hear music playing in the room. He's worried now. He was never mad in the first place but any type of scrutiny that he was going to give Alex goes away and is replaced by concern. He throws privacy to the wind and opens the door. Alex sitting on the bed crying. Aaron goes up to him and taps him on the shoulder.

"Alex, what's wrong?" His voice softens. No answer. Aaron gives him time. He figures that it could be a break up. Alex and Lauren go through breakups constantly. Alex has never seemed this distressed by one though. Aaron figures that by the time that he talks to Alex, he and Lauren will have sorted it out and be back together. He closes his door. He starts on his homework for thirty minutes, then he hears the door unlock.

"Dad is home early" he thinks himself. He continues on with his homework.

"You don't have any good snacks here." A voice exclaims. Aaron knows it's Kian now.

"That's why you should stay at your own house." Aaron teases.

"Ha, ha, very funny. I came to see if you want to play basketball. I could have called you but I just wanted to get out of the house."

"I'm down, let me just check on Alex one more time."

"Your not mad at him?" Kian seems surprised.

"Nah, he seems to be going through something."

"I'll come with you." Kian offers. Aaron knocks and the same thing happens as last time. Aaron opens the door and this time when he asks what's wrong Alex explains.

"I hit her. Hard." Alex finishes off his explanation.

"YOU DID WHAT!" Aaron and Kian yell in unison.

"Don't be mad. It just happened so fast." Alex tries to defend himself. Kian and Aaron look at him in shock. Kian moves from his spot at the door. He looks like he's about to do what Alex did to Lauren. Aaron holds him back.

"ARE YOU SERIOUS ALEX!?" Kian is fuming.

"It was an accident!" This took Aaron over the edge.

"AN ACCIDENT?! How is that an accident!" Aaron looks at him. He takes a deep breath. He knows that both he and Kian need to leave before they do something to Alex. Kian has a horrible past with abuse. Sherry was abused by her ex husband. He hates abusers. Aaron just hates it in general. Alex knows that each of them have a past with abuse involved in it. It puzzles both Aaron and Kian why he would do this. They have to get out of the house with him and just cool off and most importantly they have to check on Lauren. They give their girlfriends a call so that they can check on her first with a calmer demeanor then them. They just can't believe that Alex would do something like this and how long has this been going on?