Chapter 21

The week after their scare, Kian and Nessa still haven't talked it out. They have to get it out though. Kian parks at the park and they start the conversation.

"I know you forgave me in the moment because you were scared but I'm sure you are still upset. Talk to me."

"What you did hurt me. If I really was pregnant would you leave like that? I struggle to understand why you left. It's not like it was totally my fault I had a scare. I mean two people had a part."

"I mean you have to understand that hearing that noise was scary. I had to much on my mind and I was uncontrollable. I don't really know what I would have done if I didn't leave. I'm sure I would have hurt your feelings more."

"Let's talk about how we got here. The whole scare woke us up but we shouldn't have been in that state in the first place. It was a lot of not talked out feelings. We have to get together Kian. We fell into a deep hole and we couldn't talk it out."

"Nessa, I can't do anything about that. We were both struggling. You feel like everything is going to fast and I can't do anything about the pace of things."

"I'm not telling you to fix it I'm just telling you we can't fall down that trap again. We have to get it together."

"It's not that simple."

"I'm not saying it is."

"You always want to fix something. Let it be." Kian's voice kind of raised.

"You know what, I'm done here. You clearly don't really want to talk." Nessa says. She gets out of the car.

"If you walk away from this conversation then I'm walking away from you." Kian says

"Fine. If you want to be that way then be that way. We need a break anyway." She says. Even during the heat of the moment she still doesn't say she's done with him for good. She says a break. She knows they aren't over that easily. She finds her way home. Then she breaks down and cries.

Kian makes it back home and runs upstairs and slams the door behind him. Alex and Aaron are sitting on the couch watching TV. They look up at Sherry when the door slams. They aren't allowed to slam doors.

"Ooooooooooouuu." Alex coos like a little kid. Aaron shakes his head. Sherry heads upstairs to tell Kian off for slamming the door when she hears crying. She opens the door lightly and Kian's crying. She runs his back and keeps trying to pry it out of him. Kian's tough to get things out of. Alex creeps up the stairs and puts his ear to the wall closest to the door. Aaron hopes that he gets caught. Aaron has a suspicion that Kian and Nessa broke up but he is not as nosey as his brother, so he minds his business. After a couple of minutes Sherry comes out the door. Alex scurries downstairs and sits where he was before. Sherry got the whole story. She feels for Kian but she knows that he and Nessa will be back together soon. There's no way that they won't. This will breeze over soon. Until then she's going to go over the rules and this time make them firmer.

  Mariah walks in. Aaron and Alex are sitting in spots on the couch. Alex looks as though he has attitude. She shrugs her shoulders and goes to her room to put Malaya's bag down. She then drags out Malaya's mat and lets her play on it while she gets snacks for her.

"Why are you guys sitting here moping?" Mariah asks.

"Because Kian doesn't know how to use protection and now we can't have our girlfriends over or go and see them." Alex says.

"Huh?" Mariah questions. She looks up at Sherry. Normally she would tell Alex to watch his mouth but she doesn't say anything. This confuses Mariah even more.

"She never said that we can't have them over, we just have to be in her eyesight." Aaron corrects Alex.

"That might as well be the same thing." Alex argues. Sherry shakes her head and goes upstairs to do some laundry.

"What happened?" Mariah asks.

"Kian and Nessa had a pregnancy scare and they broke up. Kian spilled the beans to mom and now we have to stay in her eyesight with our girlfriends." Aaron answers

"That sucks." Mariah teases.

"You're not excluded from the rule. She doesn't want anymore grandkids." Aaron teases back.

"I don't understand. I'm almost 18 and I'm practically a grown up. You're grown Aaron. We can do whatever we want so why can't we be with our girlfriends." Alex complains.

"Alex it doesn't matter. We still have to follow the rules. Being an adult has nothing to do with your age but with your maturity."

"Uggh. I'm mature and ready." Alex sighs.

"Nah, I don't think so., judging by the fact that you're arguing with a pretty valid rule and a factual statement that I'm saying. You could be texting Lauren or calling her to come over. I'm pretty sure that mom would let us chill until they have to go."

"I'm good on that. I'll find a way to hangout with Lauren." Alex responds and goes upstairs. Mariah and Aaron shrugs. They invite their significant others over to have a movie night. Roni and Luke come. Roni wants to give Nessa some time alone. They don't even bother to try anything. It's not like they were going to in the first place. They don't even want to get too close after Kian and Nessa's scare. They enjoy their movie night not really worried about Kian or Nessa. It's sort of like what Roni and Aaron went through. They just need time and space before they sort things out. They'll help them through it but right now they have to stay low and deal with the new rules.