5

I've tried going to see Yukki as much as possible in the past two weeks since the day I met him. He really is an intelligent boy. All he ever talks about is his dream of becoming an investigator. 

I know pretty much everything about him at this point, except his quirk. He refuses to talk to me about it. He says hes "too embarrassed" to mention it to a person with such an amazing quirk as mine. But to be frank, nobody's quirk can be worse than Mineta's.

I'm just joking around, but truly, I do hate Mineta's guts. Yukki seems really invested in his school studies. How does he work so much while still keeping up with school? I couldn't tell you, but somehow he manages. 

Todoroki's been working with his father a lot lately: getting called in to work and to train, and I haven't seen him that much, except for a little while after he gets back to the dorms. But most of the time, he ends up falling asleep right away. 

My time has been passing by so quickly. School, interning, working, going to see Yukki, and repeat. That's what I do on most week days and it hardly ever changes. 

But, there is one thing that has changed: the constant feeling of someone following me. I'll look over my shoulder, and no one is there. But I can still feel two blazing eyes on my back. I have no clue what they want, and so one of these days I plan to confront them, just that day isn't today. 

Right now I'm currently heading back from work, which means I'm still in my hero costume. It's a red tennis skirt with dark brown thigh belts that cling to my legs. My shirt is tight and cropped, and matches the color of my skirt. I wear a headband tied around my head that has a small red cross embroidered on the front. The colors of my hero costume is what make it so easy for everyone to find me. My shoes consist of a black platform that have spiky soles, they make it easier for me to defend myself. 

I sigh, walking into the soba restaurant. 

"Hey, y/n! You up for the usual?" the owner of the store says. I nod, taking a seat at one of the open tables. It's pretty packed in here today: a couple family's and a few other people. Yukki comes over with my meal and takes a seat across from me. 

"Hi, y/n, how was your day at work?" he asks as I stir my soba. 

"Exhausting. I was rushing around everywhere, and then I had to stop at a hospital, too," I explain. Yukki grabs his hair, which is longer in the back, and pulls it into a ponytail leaving the front of his hair down over his eyes. 

"What's the point in pulling your hair back if you only pull half of it up? and its not even the hair that's in your eye, " I ask, laughing. He shrugs his shoulders. 

"I keep my eye covered for a reason," Yukki says slowly. Now he's got me curious. 

"And why is that?" I question, shoving some soba into my mouth. Yukki looks at me and pulls his black mask down, setting it on his chin. This is the first time I've seen the rest of his face. He has a large vertical scar that starts on his lower lip and ends at the bottom of his chin. His cheekbones are prominent and his jaw is very chiseled. He lifts his hair out of his face.

"This eye, I have it because of my quirk. If it isn't covered, everyone's thoughts rush into my head. I'm still learning how to control it. But I hardly ever use it because it gives me panic attacks. Knowing how everyone feels around me, knowing what everyone's thinking: good thoughts and bad, it's all so overwhelming. That's why I could never be a pro-hero, because I would just break down and panic." I stare at Yukki; that was a lot to take in. 

"I don't understand why you were so embarrassed to tell me this. Telepathy is such an amazing and powerful quirk," I tell him, and he lets his hair fall back down over his eye. He shakes his head.

"It's so hard to control, I'm starting to think I'll never get the hang of it," Yukki says. I give him a small smile.

"You'll get it eventually, I promise," I say, grabbing his hand and holding it in mine. The restaurant's phone starts ringing and startles both Yukki and I. I jump, letting go of his hand, and the owner answers the call.

"Hello?-Ah yes this is he- wait what?- you're joking, right?-Okay, thanks for informing me- yes- we have a intern in the building right now. H-hello? M-miss?" The owner starts to panic and looks over at me, giving me a terrified look. I know exactly whats happened. 

Villains have once again infiltrated the city.