8

I open my eyes slowly, and it takes a little for them to adjust to the tiny bit of light that comes in through the curtains to my left.

I take in my surroundings. I'm in what appears to be a bedroom. Thick, heavy covers lay on top of me and there are two doors in the room. One to my right and the other directly in front of me. I move the covers off of me and swing my legs off of the side of the bed. I move my hand up to the side of my head. It hurts. What even happened? Where am I? Did Todoroki bring me here?

And then it comes to me: I was kidnapped, taken by the league. Yukki, why did he do that? I thought he was on my side. I place my feet on the floor and notice that I'm no longer in my hero costume, but instead a pair of sweatpants and a black T-shirt. I slowly stand up.

"Oh, you finally woke up, y/n. Took you long enough." I look at the left corner of the room. Dabi sits in a chair, his arms crossed. I just stare at him, no point in trying anything; I am still so weak. I need to gather some strength.

"Why did you guys bring me here? What do you want?" I ask calmly. If they wanted me dead, they would have already killed me. If they wanted to torture me, they would have hung me by chains on the wall. Dabi walks over to me and pushes me back down on the bed. I look him in the eyes as I use my arms to sit up.

"We are giving you a choice. A lot of people are hurting here. People who need help, and your the one who can help them. You might think we are all bad, but truly these people, these children that have grown up in the underground, that have grown up in utter darkness, they need your help. So, we give you a choice: you can leave right now or you can stay with us and help these hurting people, maybe you can change them into heroes, I don't know," Dabi says. "-I need an answer by tonight. We have to start planning for a job tomorrow," Dabi continues. I have to think about this. But I'll wait until later.

"I'll think about it. But until then, can I at least be treated as a guest?" I ask. If I'm going to be held here for a little while, I would like to get some food.

"What do you want, Princess?" He grabs my hand and pulls me up, my body right against his.

"First off, I want you to stop calling me that. Secondly, I would like something to eat and a shower. Oh, and also the time," I tell him.

"It's around noon. And head through that door-" Dabi points to the door parallel to the bed "-and you can get a shower," he says. I push him off of me.

"Thanks," I say as I walk away and open the door.

As the water rushes over my shoulders, I think of Todoroki. What's he doing right now? Is he looking for me? Or just waiting for me to show up? I feel like I should just leave and head back to UA, but at the same time, if there are so many hurting people, I can't be the one to let them down.

Ugh. This is exactly why the league picked me. Because I just can't let things go knowing people will get hurt either way; they want to watch me suffer over things that, to what other people, might be a simple decision. I hear the door open and I cover my body. It's not gonna do much since the shower door is glass, but, you know.

"It's just me, y/n. You don't need to cover up around me," Toga giggles. I look over my shoulder at her. I slowly drop my arms. I guess it doesn't really matter at this point. I have no privacy around here. 

"Toga, what do you need?" I sigh. She goes over to the bathroom counter and opens one of the drawers. 

"I left my toothbrush here. This is your bathroom now, so I had to take all of my stuff out of it earlier," Toga says. I run my hands through my damp hair. 

"What even is this place?" I ask her and she looks at me with a smile. 

"This place was given to us by one of the mafia bosses in return for being their body guards," Toga explains to me, I nod my head, turning off the water. I open the shower door and Toga hands me a towel. I mumble a thank you. 

"Have you thought about what you're going to do?" Toga questions, I shake my head, keeping eye contact with her through the mirror as I dry my hair with the towel she handed me.  Honestly, being with Toga right now reminds me of being in the shower house with Mina and the other girls. It's something I've grown used to, being naked without caring in front of other people. 

...

Toga and I head down the staircase and walk into the kitchen area of the house. I surprisingly feel comfortable here, I don't feel scared at all. 

Twice and Dabi sit at the kitchen table and Twice rambles on about something. Dabi fiddles with his coffee cup. 

"Ladies! We've been waiting for you," Twice exclaims, folding his hands on the table. Dabi stands, holding his cup and walks away, I follow after him, leaving Twice and Toga alone. 

"Hey, who changed me out of my hero costume?" I ask him and he stops, turning to look at me. 

"I did," He says and my cheeks flush pink. I mess with the strings of my sweatpants. 

"Y-you did?" I stutter and he rolls his eyes at me. 

"Yeah. You got a problem with that? I was respectful don't worry, I didn't do shit," He responds, going to take a seat on the couch. I slowly nod and sit next to him. I sigh. I still have no idea what I'm going to do. They gave me the choice to get up and leave right now or to stay and help them. I'm not a villain, but at the same time, if I left and didn't help these hurting people they've been talking about, then I would be a villain in their eyes. Either way, I lose. I have to make a choice; but what will it be? 

Them? or Me?