27

"What do you mean by leave?" Dabi questions, slowly standing up from his spot on the bed.

"You know what? Never mind," I quickly say. "Just forget it." They'll surely let me back before I graduate, right? 

That is if I'll even be allowed to graduate.

It's not like I go unnoticed on the streets. People definitely recognize me; there's no doubt about it. Having been in three UA sports festivals and interning with Recovery Girl, I'd say it's almost impossible for people to not notice me out in public. 

Even if my face was covered with a mask or not, that only limits some recognition of my face. 

"No, don't just forget it. Tell me. What is it you wanted to say?" Dabi urges. His glare could kill me right now. I break eye contact with him, still feeling his eyes digging into me. 

I stand up, ramming the end of my cigarette into my upper thigh. I flinch from the sudden burn, putting out my cigarette. I drop it on his floor and walk towards the door to leave. 

"I need a drink," I say coldly and walk out of the room. 

...

"Hey, Kurogiri," I smile, resting my arms on top of the kitchen island. 

"Good evening, Miss. It's nice to see you. Can I help you with something?" Kurogiri greets me kindly. He's making something, but I can't see what. 

"Actually, you can help me with something. Could you make me something really strong?" I ask, tapping my fingers on the countertop. 

"Hmm, Like alcohol? You want a drink?" Kurogiri questions. 

"Yeah, like throw some vodka and shit together," I say, sighing. 

"So, you want a blackout drink? Are you sure?" 

I nod and Kurogiri turns down the heat on the stovetop he's been using. He walks over to a few cabinets and opens one of them, pulling out a cocktail shaker and a glass.

He then walks over to another, pulling out a bottle of red Aftershock, Brandy, Gin, and cinnamon Southern Comfort. 

"What do you want it to taste like?" Kurogiri asks, looking over at me. 

"Tolerable. Something I can get down. Also, can you get a glass out for a chaser?" Kurogiri nods, grabbing a glass cup from the same cupboard he got the cocktail shaker out of. 

"Here," He says, setting the glass on the island counter. I utter a 'thank you 'and walk over to the sink, turning it on and filling up the cup with chilled water. I take a small sip before setting it back down on it's spot next to me on the counter.

I close my eyes, listening to Kurogiri shake the drink. I start drifting off, everything around me slowly disappearing. 

I'm so tired.

"Y/n... Um." I open my eyes startled. "Sorry, but your drink is done." 

"Oh no, I'm sorry. I'm just really exhausted," I explain quickly. Kurogiri chuckles as I look down at my drink. 

"It's okay. Enjoy." I beam, taking the cocktail glass in my hand. I bring it to my lips and smell the drink quickly regretting it as my nostrils start to burn. I take a sip of it slowly and my eyes go wide. 

Damn. I said strong, and he did just that. I tilt the glass more, pouring the potent liquid into my mouth. My throat burns, and I quickly grab my water chugging it, hoping for relief. I cough from the burn of my throat. 

"Thanks... Kurogiri," I say between coughs, and I walk to the staircase to head upstairs.