31

This is it. I'm going back. It was that simple to get what I wanted.

Well, half of what I wanted. I guess half is better than nothing at all.

"I need you to sign this paper for me right here, Darling. No point in taking the time to read through these documents," The boss says, handing me a black ballpoint pen with gold detailing.

I grab it from his hand and find the line at the bottom of the first page. I sign my full name, marking my middle initial. 

"Sign here, too." The boss flips a few pages and again, at the bottom of the page, is a black line. I sign my name again.

And again.

And again.

"Lastly, dip your finger in this ink will you?" I press my right index finger into the red pigment, a bit drips off leaving a mark on The Boss's desk.

The Boss grabs my finger and pushes it down in a small box next to my signature. He then proceeds to pull out a stamp as he flips back to the front page of the documents.

He presses it against the clean white of the paper. I lean to see what it says.

Property of: HARUKI TAKAHASHI

He slips the papers into an envelope and seals them with red wax.

"Now, how about I call that boyfriend of yours?"

...

"Kosei?" The Boss speaks into his radio. He told me he had to set some things up before I go back to UA. 

"Yes, Sir." Takahashi comes in, answering his father's message immediately. 

"Kosei, stop it with that 'Sir' bullshit. I'm not just your boss, I'm your father." 

"Sorry, um, Father." 

"I need you to inform some of our supervisors that we will be having a special guest or maybe a few. Also, move the meeting back an hour or so. Direct orders from me, of course." The Boss tells Taka. 

"Yes, S-Father. I will report that to the board immediately," Taka responds. 

"Thanks, Son." 

I stand up from my chair and look around the room finding a mirror in the left corner. I walk over to it and look at myself. I look different from the last time Shoto saw me. I'm skinnier, bonier and my eyes look sunken. I'm honestly disgusted with myself, the way I look. 

"You look gorgeous, Darling. I mean if that scarred boy likes you then that still means you're beautiful doesn't it?" I watch as The Boss appears behind me in the mirror. He places a hand on my shoulder, I watch as his fingers dig into my shoulder blade. 

"Sir, that hurts," I utter and The Boss immediately lets go, apologizing.

He pulls his phone from his pocket, and I watch as he clicks on Shoto's contact. He puts his phone on speaker so I can listen in on the conversation. 

"Hello? Who is this?" 

I move my hand to my mouth. How long has it been since I've heard his voice? 

"This Is Haruki Takahashi. I've been on your wanted list for a while." 

"Wha-"

"I have your girlfriend here. I've decided to help her out," Haruki explains to Shoto. 

"Y/n?" I can here Shoto's voice break.

"Shoto," I mutter. This is it. I'll get to see him, life will be normal again. 

"Look, Todoroki. I need you to report to the exact location I'm about to text to you. It's not a scam, I can promise you that,"  The Boss explains. 

"Alright, okay. I'll be there. Y/n, I'm coming." 

Fuck The league, fuck Dabi. I'm out, I'm done.

"You ready to go?" The Boss asks and I nod. 

"I am, Sir." 

...

"Kosei, son. Please send The League members out to the main parking lot in 10." 

"Yes...Father," Taka answers back through the radio. 

"Thank you." 

The boss looks over at me and motions for me to head out the door, I open it and walk out. 

I guess I'm now a free man. 

No your not.

Sorry for the shorter chapters. This story is slowly coming to an end so I'm trying my best to pace everything. 

Also, don't forget to comment and vote! It would really help me out, and I enjoy reading your comments! They are hilarious. 

-Abid Rayne :)