6

"Let's go! We'll all need to get you out of here before anything happens," I yell, helping the people in the restaurant move to the back of the building. 

"From back there, you guys should be able to escape through a back door. I will help you all get safely to a shelter," The owner says. 

It's so loud outside: explosions, yelling, screaming, crying. It sounds horrific out there.  

Everyone files into the back room except Yukki and I. 

"Yukki, what are you doing? Get back, I can fight them on my own. Your safety is my top priority," I tell him. He looks at me and copies my stance: dominant foot in front, my palms facing outwards, and my arms by my sides.

"No, I'm going to stay by your side. At least until the other heroes get here," Yukki says. I nod my head. He truly wants to help, so I'll let him. 

The door is locked to the restaurant, but who knows what kind of quirks these villains have. They might be able to blow it right off of its hinges. I stand focusing on the door, waiting for someone to dare to come in here. I must protect these people at all costs, I think.

Boom. 

I don't bother to shield my eyes from all the dust. I can't waste even a second right now. I have to protect the people, my people. 

Two villains enter in through the hole they just created in the wall. I turn to face them. 

"Well, well, well. If it isn't Deliverance the hero herself." I look up. The villain who's speaking  to me- I've seen him before. He has long dark hair that's pulled back into a ponytail at the nape of his neck, and he wears brass knuckles, his hands veiny and bloodied. His quirk is that he can pull wind power into his brass knuckles and shoot it out in big waves. It can even be strong enough to knock down entire buildings. The other guy looks harmless. He's just a kid; maybe a little younger than me. His head is buzzed and his eyes are a deep blue. He might be 5'6 or 5'7. I can't tell what his quirk is by looking at him and I've never seen him in my life. He looks too innocent to be a villain. 

"Why the hell are you villains in town today, hmm?" I ask coldly. The man with the brass knuckles smiles. I feel like I remember hearing on the news he went by the name Killian. 

"Why do you need to know that? It shouldn't concern you." This guy's seriously starting to piss me off. 

"Actually it is my concern! My job is to protect my people at all costs, from villains like you!" I exclaim. He smirks, and the other villain who's with him rolls his eyes. I examine him more closely. His eyes look as if he's been straining them and his eyebrows have been furrowed this whole time. It makes me anxious thinking about how I have no clue what his quirk is. But I still gotta think of possible strategies on how I can take these villains down. 

For Killian, I should be able to just dodge his attacks. If I can be faster than him, than I can defeat him. Maybe if I can have Yukki use his telepathy to read Killian's mind then I'll have an even bigger chance of defeating him. My special attack won't work unless I'm super close. I just need to be able to get my hands on him and have enough time to channel my power. Not only can I heal, but I can hurt too. 

Killian laughs before sending a spiral of air hurling my way. I duck quickly and it blows the counter behind me into pieces. Killian looks over at the kid that's with him and nods. The kid raises his hands into the air slowly and things start to rattle around him. Then, objects start rising into the air. It comes to me.

This kid has telekinesis, or some other quirk that allows him to control the things around him. 

I can see in my peripheral vision that Yukki looks over at me, but I keep my eyes on the targets in front of us. 

The unnamed villain sends objects flying at us, but because of my fast reflexes, I am able to dodge most of them. Yukki just huddles on the ground. I need an opening, just for a second. 

"Yukki lift up your hair," I yell, still dodging flying objects. Yukki follows me with his eyes.

"W-why?" He stutters. I can tell he's scared. Damnit, he should've listened to me and went with the others.

"I need an opening!" I shout, blocking an air spiral with the table that's in front of me. He's not using his quirk to it's full potential, or else this table wouldn't have just moved, it would have been blown to pieces. Interesting. Maybe if I can tire him out, then he won't be able to engulf any more air into his brass knuckles. 

"Just trust me, please," I demand.  Yukki quickly pulls his hair back into a messy ponytail and his white eye starts to pulsate. 

"To your left," Yukki says, and I dodge another chair. This bitch Killian. He's making it impossible for me to get a bruise on either of them. The League thought this through: Put two people with long range attacks up against a person with hands-on attacks. I guess I've been underestimating them. 

Yukki continues to explain both villain's next attacks over and over. I can see the frustration in their eyes. But it's not like they can stop thinking. So for them, there is no way to win. 

I stand and advance towards Killian focusing all of my quirk into my hands as if I were going to heal someone. This is it; if I mess up, I won't be able to fight any longer. I won't have any more energy to continue on. A chair comes flying my way and then a gust of air, but I slide on the ground avoiding both of their attacks. I reach Killian and try placing my hands on his chest, but he knocks me back with his quirk. I hit my hip severely on the ground, but I focus and start to repair it as I stand. 

"Yukki, why didn't you tell me about that?" I yell, ducking behind a table next to the door. All I can do is dodge their attacks. I highly doubt now that I can get a hit on him. They've probably seen my attack on the news before. They clearly know about me. I have to run and go get another hero or intern. Maybe Kirishima? However, I quickly realize that there is no way I can get in contact with him because I left my phone at the dorms. The door is right next to me. If Yukki reads their minds as we escape then we will be able to make it out in one piece. 

I give him a signal pointing towards the door and he nods. I stand, my hip now fully healed, and run, opening the door quickly, and pulling Yukki out with me. We sprint further into town, as far away from the restaurant as possible. I hope those citizens made it out alive. 

Buildings are in shambles and cars are flipped over. What ever happened here was huge. There are pro-heroes everywhere helping out. Calming people down, patrolling, and even passing out water and packaged snacks. This must have been an intense battle, but all the villains seem to be gone now. 

"Thanks for your help back there, Yukki," I say, thanking him. He gives me a small smile and pulls his hair back down. I look at him.

"Wait- Yukki, when you first lifted up your hair to show me your eye after explaining your quirk, didn't everyone's thoughts rush into your head? To me, now that I'm remembering it, it seemed like nothing happened, you seemed completely fine," I ask slowly. Why didn't he have a reaction? Why is this only just now occurring to me? Maybe he can hide his emotions well. Yeah, that's it. 

"O-oh, it's because I can easily hide my emotion. I've learned from you that you should never show fear," Yukki says with a big smile. I have to protect this kid with my life, I think to myself. Yet something ruins the moment.

 The feeling of those blazing eyes once again digging into my back.