19

"I'm gonna raise you one million yen!" I watch the game of wild card unfold in front of me. The money on the table sits at six million yen (rounded to about 60,000 USD.) Damn, these people must have way too much cash on their hands. From here, I can tell the older man who sits to my left is bluffing. He keeps raising the bar, betting more and more cash. 

To other people, it might not be that obvious that he's just acting. I can tell his young opponent is getting nervous. I can see that his heart rate has increased, and the back of his neck is shining from his sweat. I shift my weight to my right leg and cross my arms. The dealer has a large smirk on her face, watching this all unfold before her. 

People around the table laugh at the scene before them. This game is intense. They started off with a hundred-thousand yen and now look where they are. The nervous boy chokes on his words. 

"I-I...fold." He gives up. His colleagues slap the back of his head and he rubs it mouthing and 'ouch' to himself.  I feel bad, but there was nothing I could do to help him. I sigh. 

The bluffer shows his cards. He had a pair of four's and that was it. the nervous man looks at him in shock, clearly disappointed. he slowly reveals his cards and he had four-of-a-kind when making his wild two into a six. I look between both of the players as the bluffer gathers his money and puts it into a large briefcase. He's got a good poker face, but to someone like me who's skilled in strategy and reading people, it was obvious he was only bluffing. 

Ahead of time when the bluffer had picked up his cards and asked to trade in two of them, his face showed he was not impressed with his hand. After he noticed he was expressing his emotions, he started to act dramatic and cocky, consistently raising the bet making it seem he had an unbeatable hand. But to me, it was obvious he was just putting on an act.

"Hey!" I catch up to the young man who had lost the game. He looks at me, and I get a better look at his appearance. 

He's tall and lean. His head is buzzed, and his eyes are a dark crimson red. His cheeks are hollow and he has a chiseled jaw. His light skin pops against his jet black eyebrows and the look on his face tells me that he's clearly pissed off.  

"What do you want?" He asks, his tone harsh and fed-up. 

"I just wanted to say for your next game try staying in tune with the other player's emotions. It'll help you out and bring you to an advantage. Every time that man saw your reaction, he raised and that's how easy it was for him to get you to fold. I know you can do better with your next game, sir. I wish you luck," I say and turn to leave, folding my hands behind my back. Somebody grabs my arm. 

"Wait, Miss. What is your name?" I turn my head to face the young man. He looks at me, his expression cold. 

"I'm not sure I can tell you...what's yours? your name I mean," I question.

"I'm Park Oh-Min, Yong-Sun Oh-Min's son. He's a big boss in Seoul if you did not know," Park answers. I nod my head and turn around to leave again.

"Wait-"

I look over my shoulder and roll my eyes. 

"What do you need, Oh-Min?"

"I was wondering if maybe I could buy you a drink? To thank you for your advice," Park asks, and I think about it. 

"I'm not sure if I have time to do so. My uh-"

"Come on, Miss. Please just one?" Park cuts me off and grabs my arm. I try pulling my arm back but his grip is tight. 

"No- I'm busy," I say harshly, still struggling. 

"You can't be that busy if you watched that whole game. It would be just one drink," Park begs. 

"No! I said no. Let go of me, bastard," I threaten through gritted teeth. I pull my arm. His grip just tightens more and he digs his nails into my skin. I can see the light disappear above me and someone speaks. 

"Sorry, she's quite busy. She's here to spend time with me." It's Dabi. He stands towering over the both of us and blue flames ignite from his right palm. Park lets go of my arm and backs away. 

"S-sorry," He mumbles and walks away with his head down. Dabi pulls me into his arms putting his mouth next to my ear. 

"You've got to be more careful with these wealthy pervs, Princess," he whispers.  I push him away. 

"I didn't need your help. I could handle the situation on my own, Dabi," I whisper back annoyed. I look around and people are looking at us in every direction. Damn, we shouldn't be drawing this much attention. 

Dabi looks so strange without his burns. He looks... normal? I'm not sure how to explain it, but he just looks like he's not burnt. 

"Go back to your post," I tell Dabi glancing around.

"Why should I?" Dabi questions, pulling me into a hallway away from everybody. He pushes me against the wall.

"Dabi, stop. We need to get back to work. It's not time to mess around," I explain, raising my voice a bit. He brings his hand to my neck and leans in to kiss me.

Our lips connect for a brief moment before I push him off of me.

"Your gonna regret this later," he warns.

"Shut up, Dabi," I tell him annoyed, and walk away, my heels clicking against the hard floor.

Someone comes in through the radio and I stop in my tracks.

"Y/n, Y/n are you there? Roger." It's Taka. I pull my radio out from the inside of my dress and radio in.

"Report. I'm here. What's the problem? Roger," I respond.

"Where is Dabi? Is he with you? He's not answering," Taka asks his voice a bit shaky.

"He just was. I'm not sure where he's off to now. Hopefully back to his post." 

"Well, Toga had come to me and reported about some pro-heroes scoping the area. So please tell Dabi to go back to his stationed post and keep a lookout. Roger," Takahashi says. 

"Yes, Sir," I answer. 

I switch the station on my radio to Dabi's direct line and try contacting him.

"Dabi, get to your post now. We've got some pros out patrolling," I say harshly into the speaker. I look around me to make sure everyone is doing alright. People seem to be enjoying their time gambling and talking. 

I wait a bit and there is no answer. 

"Dabi?" 

"Y/n!" Someone comes through. It's Yukki. It sounds really loud where he is. 

"Yukki! What's going on?" I say nervously into the radio. 

I hear only static come through the signal. 

And then as if I could only dream it, the whole building shakes with the sounds of several explosions outside. 

And in panic, people start drawing their weapons.

Sorry, y'all I haven't been active lately. I've had a lot of school exams and my editor's also been caught up. Thank you for all the support.

-Abid Rayne :)