32

(MAKE SURE TO LISTEN TO THE SONG AT THE END OF THE CHAPTER)

"So, Y/n. Tell me about your quirk. What are your restrictions?" 

The Boss and I walk down the hallway to head back downstairs. 

"Well...um, the person I'm healing, when their blood stops flowing to their brain, my quirk can't do anything for them. They're dead-" I start, watching as The Boss nods his head, taking in the words I just said. 

"Anything else? What's your limit?" The Boss asks as we reach the staircase. 

"In past training camps, I was able to heal up to 24 people with minor injuries before resting, and then I can heal about 3 people with major injuries until I have to rest. And, I have to say, small cuts are way easier to heal than broken ribs," I laugh nervously. The boss chuckles with me. 

"Alright, I'm sure you'll love me so much you'll want to train with me instead, and then that 24 will turn into 48 and that 3 will turn into 6," The boss laughs, wrapping his arm around me and squeezing me a bit. I smile.

Not sure about that one.

"Let me get this straight-" The Boss starts as we walk down the grand staircase. "-you can't revive people from the dead, correct? Because once somebody's blood stops flowing and their heart stops, they're gone?" I nod my head as I hold onto the railing, watching every step I take.

"Yes, that's correct, Sir," I answer.

"So, do you study anatomy and all of that?"

This man has so many questions. I get it, he wants to know more about me that he hasn't learned already, but this small talk is still driving me mad.

"Yes, Sir. Knowing how the human body works, looks, and functions is very important when it comes to using my quirk," I explain, fixing the twisted strap of my dress.

The boss hums in response.

I begin to see a figure form at the bottom of the staircase. As I get closer, I can tell it's Takahashi. He stands with his hands behind his back, his posture straight and his chin up.

"Good afternoon, Father," Takahashi beckons, nodding to his father.

"Hey, Son," The Boss says, ruffling Taka's hair. "It's nice to see ya."

"Likewise, Sir," Taka responds, bowing his head respectfully to his father. The Boss grabs his son's neck forcefully, pulling Taka up from his position. 

"Oh, will you stop that," The Boss demands, chuckling a bit, and Takahashi mumbles a sorry, turning his body to the side to let his father and I pass. 

I mind my own business, only glancing every once and a while at different rooms as we proceed down hallway after hallway. It's silent for the most part except for The Boss's occasional cough or grunt. 

My heart stops as I feel a hand press against my back. "So are you nervous?" The Boss asks, rubbing his hand on my lower back.

"A bit, Sir," I answer, swallowing hard. I walk a bit faster, letting The Boss's hand fall from the small of my back. 

What a fucking creep. 

"No need to be nervous, Gorgeous. I'm sure everything will go just fine," The Boss states, and I cringe at his nickname for me. 

"Mr. Haruki, you're making me a bit uncomfortable," I say coldly, looking straight ahead of me, a door to the outside slowly coming into view. 

"I'm sorry, I thought young girls liked being called gorgeous and beautiful."