21

Focus.

Control your breathing.

I can feel the warmth of my palms spreading down my ear canals. My ears feel tighter and tighter as my quirk moves to heal my shattered eardrums.

I purse my lips as the pain from my quirk skyrockets.

Just focus on your breathing. I think to myself.

The ringing slowly goes away in my right ear, my left struggling to heal itself.

"What's going on?" I hear someone shout. People agreeing around them. I slowly stand up as my hearing comes back to me in my right ear. I keep my left hand over my left ear and concentrate on the sound of my voice. Aiko amplifies it as I speak.

"Pro- heroes have found our location-" I start and people's expressions turn from confused to terrified.

"Us guards have it under control. We've been patrolling the area and were able to locate all possible whereabouts of where the pros could strike or get in. We are taking care of the situation. I advise you to stay calm so we can get you all to safety as swiftly and efficiently as we can," I explain clearly.

Surprisingly, the people listen to me and wait for my next order. 

"Please proceed towards the back hall and make your way down to the storm shelter." Some people start to walk towards the back, mostly women and older men while a few of the younger men stay put.

I walk down the stairs, still keeping my hand on my left ear.

"Let us help," a fine young man says as I step over a bloodied dead body. 2 shots to the abdomen: that's how he died. He bled out.

I look at the two boys and one girl in front of me.

The one that spoke has a thick German accent. I can tell he's not fluent in Japanese; it's not his first language. He has blond hair that is slicked back and dark blue eyes that almost look cyan. He wears a black mask over the rest of his face. His words are muffled, and his eyes express no emotion.

"What are your quirks?" I question, crossing my arms.

The German boy speaks first.

"Well- I have extremely sharp teeth. So, when I sink my fangs into someone, I can temporarily control them. I know, such a strange quirk but such a powerful one," the blond boy tells me. I hum in response.

So, he has a mind control quirk like Shinso's. So similar but yet so different. What activates it is so villainous. A bite to the neck or the shoulder or even to the hand could so easily put somebody in a mindless trance.

The boy reaches for the string that is wrapped around his ear and he slowly removes his mask. I take a step back in response to his face.

His mouth is cut. His flesh is completely gone in a smiley shape. All of his teeth are exposed. His mouth is sewn on the ends of the cuts. His smile is like the Jokers. Dry blood is splotched all over his jaw and cheeks. I am appalled by his horrific appearance.

He quickly puts his mask back on, covering his mouth once more.

"My quirk is called weapon protrude. There is a variety of weapons that can sprout from my body. Pistols, katanas, rifles, knives, other swords," the girl was cut off as the other boy interrupts her.

He's got a gorgeous dark complexion and eyes that change colors as the light hits them in different ways. From gold to grey, to blue, and then back to gold. He's absolutely stunning.

"Light manipulation. I can control light. Make it brighter or darker in a certain area. But because of that, right now my quirk probably won't be as useful as it would be in the daytime because it is dark outside." His voice is deep and smooth and he sounds disappointed.

"It's alright we still need your help. What are your names?" I inquire.

"I'm Otto," the German boy starts before pointing to the girl. "That's Bao-" he continues and then points to the boy with the colorful eyes. "-and that's Cayman."

"It's nice to meet you all. Alright, Cayman I need you to make sure everyone gets to the shelter. Once your sure everyone is safe, I'm going to need you back up at the surface. Meet us outside, got that?"

"Mhm," he responds with a nod of his head. I motion for Bao and Otto to follow me, and we run for the exit of the building.

...

The wind is cold, and I squint my eyes as a breeze hits my face.

"Y/n!" I look around to see whoever is calling my name.

"Yukki!" I yell back, running towards him. I hug him before quickly letting go grabbing the sides of his face.

He looks bruised in quite a few places. "Are you alright? What happened to you; what happened out here?" I load him with questions, examining him to make sure he didn't break any bones.

"Yeah, I'm alright. The Pros found our location here. That's what happened. We're losing, Y/n. We all need to get out of here. Takahashi said he and some others can take care of it. He doesn't want the Pros to find out we've been hanging around with the Mafia."

"So, that's what all the explosions were," Bao chimes in. I nod my head.

" Makino! Why are you still here? leave!" I look through the haze in the air to see Takahashi. His head is bleeding, and he cradles his arm. Oh my God...

I run up to Takahashi, leaving everyone behind me. I grab him, pulling him back towards the entrance of the casino, and I bring him inside.

"What happened, Taka?" I ask, pulling his torn jacket off of his body slowly. Underneath he has a long-sleeve button-up.

For me to be able to heal his arm, I'm gonna need direct contact with his skin. If his injury wasn't this severe, I could fix it through his shirt but with this bad of a break, which that's what I'm assuming it is- a broken arm- then I can only heal him if I can touch his skin.

"Wait, Y/n. What, what are you doing?" Taka asks, grunting as I start to unbutton his shirt. 

"I need direct contact with your skin, Takahashi. You do want to be healed, correct?" He nods his head. "Okay well, you might want to sit down for this one. I don't want you doubling over from the pain," I continue.

Takahashi carefully takes off his shirt before sliding down to the ground, cradling his arm.

"Okay, lemme see," I say, getting down on the ground next to him. I place my hands on his arm, and he flinches.

I run my fingers between his radius and ulna and he grunts.

"It's a clean break straight across. You broke both bones," I explain to Taka, and he sighs letting his head fall back against the wall.

I start the healing process after answering some questions Takahashi asked me.

He said he needs me to heal him as quickly as possible which means this isn't gonna be the most comfortable treatment he's ever had.

I work at the pace my patient needs me to. Depending on if they can handle the pain or not. I warned Taka about that and told him that there's a high chance he'll be exhausted by the end of all this. But he still agreed anyways and said his top priority is to get all of us out of here as quickly as possible. 

I can feel the warmth of my quirk surging through my veins and flowing into Takahashi, healing him. He groans and I can tell he's uncomfortable.

"Do you want me to slow down?" I ask, opening just one of my eyes to look at his face. I can tell he is in a lot of pain.

"N-no it's alright," Takahashi grunts. I close my eye and continue healing his arm, hoping that it will heal quickly so I can get everyone the hell out of here.

Thank you all for your continued support! Don't forget to vote if you enjoyed the chapter.

-Abid Rayne :)