28

"Y/n... Y/n. Wake up." 

I open my eyes to see Yukki staring down at me. I yawn, rolling onto my side. 

"No," I say, closing my eyes once more. I'm exhausted, and my head aches.

"Look, you have to get up. Do you want Dabi and Shigaraki to kill us both? Because I don't," Yukki whispers as if someone would overhear him. 

I sigh, sitting up slowly. 

"See that nightstand-" I point to the stand next to my bed before bringing my hand back to my head. "-can you hand me the painkillers out of there?" I ask. 

Yukki opens the drawer and rummages through it, searching through tons of bottles and trinkets. He finally picks up a white bottle with a red label on it that states 'pain relief'. 

"Here," He says, handing me the container. I open its contents, pouring out four pills. 

"Isn't four a lot?" Yukki questions me, scratching the back of his neck. 

"I don't know, is it?" I get up slowly and walk over to my bathroom. 

I pull out a paper cup from the overhead cabinet and fill it up with water from the tap. I take one pill at a time, not whipping my head back and throwing them into my mouth like normally. I take them slowly, swallowing hard to make sure I get them down efficiently. 

Once I'm done, I go back out to check on Yukki. He sits on my bed fidgeting with his fingers, and he looks up at me and smiles.

Everything's a blur from the night before. I can't remember what happened after I drank that drink. 

I sit down next to Yukki, bringing my legs up to my chest. I'm so tired and so out of it, I can't think straight. 

And then I remember, there's a mission today, one that involves me. 

Oh, what a thrill this'll be. 

...

"Morning, Princess." I step down from the last stair and enter the kitchen. Pretty much everyone is here. 

Dabi glares at me through the corner of his eye. He looks comfortable in his black zip-jacket and joggers. I look down at myself in the large T-shirt I had just put on after my shower. 

"Y/n, Honey, that isn't gonna work," Toga says, pointing at my outfit. " We're going to a meeting with higher-ups you really think a large T-shirt will do?" 

I motion to Dabi, annoyed that he hasn't gotten yelled at too. "What about his ass. Do you see what he's wearing?" I question, raising my voice a bit. 

"Yeah, but there's no changing his mind. I already tried," Toga explains. 

"Well, what the hell do you want me to wear?" I ask, tilting my head to get a better look at Toga.

"Anything but that," Dabi chimes in, coughing after he finishes speaking.

I ignore Dabi's comment and turn around to walk back up the stairs, Toga getting up out of her seat to follow. 

"Lemme see, Y/n!" Toga exclaims, excited to see me in another outfit. I walk out of my bathroom and into the bedroom where Toga sits on my bed. 

I pull down the bottom of the mini dress Toga lent me. 

"You look so gorgeous," Toga grins, clapping her hands several times. 

"Um, it's a bit small... don't you think?" I ask, walking back into the bathroom to look in the mirror. 

I examine myself in the reflective glass. The dress hugs my body and has a small notch neck. The straps are of a tank top's and the black is simple and elegant. Overall it's really pretty just kinda too small. 

"It'll work," Toga yells, standing up from her seat on the bed. I walk out of my bathroom and head for the door to go back downstairs. 

"Well, look at you," Dabi speaks as I walk down the steps. I roll my eyes playfully as I reach the bottom stair. 

"You guys ready to go? I gotta get back in time for my shift," Yukki complains, fixing the collar of his black, satin button-up. 

"Who's all going to this meeting anyway?" I question, folding my hands behind my back. 

"Everyone that went to the event at the casino," Shigiraki answers me as he scratches, almost scrapes, at his neck. 

I nod in response walking over to the place where we all keep our shoes. I find a pair of white sneakers and slip them on, not really feeling myself enough to wear heels. 

I open the front door, taking in the fresh air as it hits my face. This is the first time I've been out in so long. It's almost like I forgot what the world really looked like outside of this house.

"Taking in the view, Princess?" I turn my head just enough to see Dabi behind me. He grabs my hips, pulling me closer to him. I can feel his lips brush against my ear. I shiver, tilting my head back a bit. 

"Do you know what I want to do to this body of yours?" Dabi whispers, running his hand lower down my hips, sliding it onto the front of my body. 

"Dabi, not now," I sigh, my heart rate increasing.

"Don't you long for me, Darling? You did last night, but I didn't give you my body as you wanted." 

Last night is all a blur to me still. I feel like Dabi's using that to his advantage in this situation. I throb as his words dig deep into me; I let them coarse through my veins. 

"Come on you two, that's enough. Let's get going or we'll be late." I pull Dabi's hands from my hips and step away from him, continuing to the car. I look back to see Sato confronting Dabi about what just happened. 

And I just ignore them. 

And focus on how my heart's still racing. 

The way Dabi makes me feel when I'm not thinking about Shoto.

I feel guilty when I do think about him. 

It'll all be over soon, right? 

Right?