12

No. I can't think like that. I'm committed to staying here and helping out. I just have to stay.

Two months or so right? I shouldn't miss graduation, but will I even be able to graduate?

"Dammit!" I yell, slamming my fist against the floor.

The door swings open, and I look up to see who it is, tears streaming down my face.

"Princess? Why are you crying?" Dabi asks, closing the door behind him as he walks over to sit next to me on the floor. I struggle to breathe and my hands continue to tremble.

"Hey, c'mere," Dabi whispers, pulling me into his arms.

"I-I miss...home," I explain through sobs. Dabi runs his hand through my hair. I just really needed someone to comfort me. It didn't matter who it was.

"Hey, um... it's okay. You'll learn to uh- see this place as a home," Dabi says, clearly unsure of how to comfort me. "Just breathe for me, okay? I know how you're feeling right now."

I wrap my arms around Dabi and sit in between his parted legs, my legs strattling his torso.

I inhale. His scent is so familiar, so comforting, it smells like my room. Peppermints and cigarette smoke.

Todoroki always hated the smell of my room, but he would never tell me that directly. The two distinct scents would collide as the peppermint air freshener would try to overpower the occasional smoke that I would pull out from under my bed.

I don't smoke as much as I used to. My older siblings would always bring home a pack and share it with me, but ever since I left for UA, I couldn't really get access to cigs. It was a little hard to pull away from them, but over time, with Todoroki's help, I started only smoking two or three a month.

"...It's so comforting."

"What is, Princess?" Wait, did I say that out loud? I don't answer Dabi but instead close my eyes and trail my fingers up and down his back.

I start to calm down, and I feel refreshed after letting all of my bottled emotions out.

"You feel better?" I pull away from Dabi to look at him.

"Yeah, I do," I answer.

Dabi moves my legs so he can stand up. He reaches his hand out to help me stand and I take it. Dabi smirks, looking down at my body.

"What?" I question him.

"It's just you hardly have any clothes on. So it's kinda hard to keep my eyes off of you," Dabi explains, idly placing his hands on my bare skin.

"Your hands are freezing," I say, grabbing Dabi's wrists and bringing his hands up to my cheeks.

"And you're hot."

"Yeah, why do you think I started panicking in the first place?" I ask, rolling my eyes.

"Whatever. C'mon, go get in bed," Dabi says, opening the bathroom door. I walk out, adjusting my shirt and I crawl into bed, my back against the headboard.

"You staying here tonight?" I ask, looking at Dabi. He has a small coughing fit before answering me.

"It's up to you. Do you want me to stay here?" I meet his eyes and shrug my shoulders.

"I-uh," I mutter, running a hand through my hair.

"I'll stay." Dabi says, breaking my thought. my cheeks turn hot. Is this okay? For him to be staying with me? It's nothing wrong. Just two so-called 'friends' hanging out together for the night.