11

"Feels good to be back," Dabi sighs, walking through the doorway of the house. He left me to carry all of the bags in.

"What... a gentleman you are, Dabi," I groan hauling the bags inside of the house. Toga closes and locks the door behind us.

"Princesses can't always rely on their servants you know. They gotta learn to do shit by themselves," Dabi tells me as I set the shopping bags down on the counter. I flip him off, pulling out one of the stools from underneath the bar table and taking a seat.

"Took you guys long enough," Yukki says, walking in from the living room. I rest my chin on the palm of my hand and roll my eyes. I know I can't stay mad at him forever, but I have every right to be furious right now.

"I made dinner for you guys," Yukki states, looking between the three of us.

"Thanks, but we already ate," I murmur, and stand quickly from my seat.

"Oh, um okay."

"I'm going to bed. Goodnight," I tell all of them and walk towards the stairs to head to my room.

...

I shift in my bed, trying to fall asleep, but my mind can only stay awake. My heart's pounding out of my chest and I couldn't tell you why. I'm so nervous, but what for?

My palms start to sweat, and I throw the covers off of my body. It's so hot. I think to myself and I decide to take my jeans off, folding them and placing them neatly on the ground.

Am I having a heat flash by chance? It's not even that hot outside tonight.

I continue to toss and turn in my bed, trying to fall asleep, but once again, nothing's working.

I wipe my hands on my shirt and push the covers to the other side of the bed, moving them away from me completely, in hopes I'll be able to cool down a bit. My heart continues to beat at an abnormally fast rate.

I take a deep breath.

Maybe a cool cloth will do the trick to help me calm down, I think and head into my bathroom.

I run cold water over a wash cloth and place it on my head as I slowly slide to the ground. Times like these are when I need Todoroki. Damn, do I miss him.

I guess I kinda just left him all alone, and he's probably worried sick. I really wish I could call or text him to let him know I'm okay, but I can't do that. It hasn't even been a week since I've gone missing. Only about, what, four days?

I take another deep breath, my exhale shaky, and I kind of feel as though I'll never get past this hot flash, or whatever it is.

My eyes start to tear up as I get frustrated. Calm down, y/n, you need to chill out. I tell myself over and over again.

My mind's racing like crazy and not only are all the emotions I've been bottling up for the past few days flowing out, but my body feels like what I imagine the flaming pits of hell feel like.

I'm such a fucking mess.

Should I just go home and forget everything that I promised to do here?